Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

HEY EVERYONE,

NEW TO THE GOLDWING ( 1 WEEK OLD ) 2010 GL1800. JUST READING SOME POSTS ABOUT TRANS NOISE, WAS A LITTLE CONCERNED WHEN RIDING UNDER LOAD AT LOWER RPM TRANS MAKES GROWLING AND WHINE NOISE. SEEMS TO CLEAR OUT AT 3500-4200 BUT STILL PRESENT. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE ON 1800.

THANKS RANDY T.

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome . Sorry I have nothing to offer as a cause of your noise . I expect some more of the 1800 riders will be along and offer some advice . Again welcome to the forums . Lots of good folks here willing to help out and share knowledge .

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
imported post

Yep..........this is normal. Our 2002 and 2008 GL-1800 does the exact same thing. Took it to the dealer, rode other 1800's......same noise. ;)

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

I have never owned a honda..........from a CR80, to a CR250, to a CRF450, to an XR650R, to a CB900, to a V45, to a Goldwing..........that didn't have that freakin' whine.

Hell, even my MR50 does it.

At this point in my life........if I got on a Honda that didn't whine........I wouldn't trust it around the block, let alone cross country.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,640 Posts
imported post

And when I ride my son's FJR1300 the tranny is quiet and shifts without a sound. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

Yep, under load it makes that sound, change down a gear and it will go.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Well, it's gotta make *some* noise! The 1800 prototypes were probably so quiet people were hitting the starter button when it was already running.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Yep, the whine is normal. By the way;

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!:action:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT, THE NOISE IS NOT REALLY THAT BIG AN ISSUE,THE BIKE IS SO QUIET THAT NOISE JUST STUCK OUT. MY LAST BIKE PRIOR TO THIS WAS A 07 CBR 1000 RR AND EVERYTHING ON THAT WAS NOISY. I GEUSS AS SOON AS MY WIFE AND I CAN START RIDING WITH OTHER WINGS IN FL ( JACKSONVILLE) AREA WE WILL FIGURE ALL THESE THINGS OUT. UNTIL THEN GOT 3 YEARS UNLIMITED MILAGE OF SECURITY. REALLY AM ENJOYING THE BIKE AND LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING ALOT OF NEW PEOPLE WITH THE SAME BIKES. TAKE CARE EVERYONE..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.