Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm rebuilding a 1982 GL1100 that I got in pieces a lot of pieces the engine is not any good the case is bad and pistons are bad etc. I turning this into a Trike. I have a 1981 GL1100 engine that I'm rebuilding will this fit into and work in a 1982. The 81 needs new shifter fork there worn the 82 look good but still needs measured. I need this measurement and will the 81 work as a replacement engine.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The 81 engine will fit. I am not sure about the fork sizes, someone else may know this.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

As I understand it the engines will swap straight over, however the 82 will likely have different transmission gear ratios to account for the 16" rear wheel. I suspect the 82's might run at a lower rpm on the highway compared to an 81 with 17" rear wheel. The difference in the final drives is only 0.001 so that won't make a difference. Of course since your triking it you can select the final drive ratio to suit.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I found the fork measurement. I didn't think about the ratios I'm going with a Triwing conversion thats something that I need to ask.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.