Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1986 GL1200A, I am removing the motor for a stator gen. replacement. The wire harness from above the transmission cover and below the right cam belt cover follows back to a connector at the triple tree I cant reach. It is the gear indicator on the dash ? (wire colors match wiring diagram) My tech. question can I cut and solder these wires. with out loosing my signal due to added resistance, That could affect something else. ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must I remove the fairing or the plate looking up thru the triple tree, there is a hole you can see with a spot welded nut. it looks like a 10mm bolt (from the top) will remove the plate. The plate has holes for the forward upper motor mounts I'm pretty sure it ( the Plate ) is there for the radiator air flow. Its way deep for a normal 10mm wrench to reach. thanks for your help. I have got help set up for this Saturday.

·
Administrator
25,037 Posts
You should be able to reach it with the shelter off.

·
Registered
97 Posts
with the shelterr off and the carbs off and the radiator out of the way, you are there. Fairing stays, but its tight going by the fairing lower bracket as you are removing the engine

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts