Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need some advice. I finished replacing my head gaskets because I was getting coolant in the cylinders. Put it all back together and now it won't turn over. I can hear the starter try, but it makes no progress. I then discovered that unless it is in neutral, the back wheel won't spin, regardless of clutch pressure.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't mess up the timing when I pulled the heads, and I really don't see how I could have broken it. It would turn over before I took it all apart.

Where should I start trouble shooting?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Hi monspi and welcome to the forum as said you need to recheck the timing before you try to restart even turning the rear wheel by hand can bend a valve or two you might have the marks for the heads ok but you need to determin you have tdc on the crank shaft

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

maybe 180 deg out of timing and valve bent on a cylinder...and no turnover...bummer!!...i did that 25 yrs ago on my 1st 1000
was a kick-myself heartbreaker....off came the head!

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

William_86 change your avatar back to what it was, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I agree with the others monspi, you got the cams out of time.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Turns out that I had put the left pully on backward. And in reality, I probably had screwed up the timing, so it's a good thing and I didn't cause much damage. Got it all back together now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.