Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
58,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
you keep that up and you gonna boot windows.

:rofl:

trying to see what is going on with Firefox and the Forum's Editor.

1 - line of text

3 - line of text, "line 2" should be a Single White space line, but the forum is adding an extra White Space....

5 - this should be the 5th line of this series, but............ it is double spaced.

got the IT techies working on it, but they admit that it has a "low priority" on their job list at the moment.

Our forum is not the only one doing this.....
Chrome browser does not seem to double up white lines.

haven't tried the Opera browser, so don't know how that will do.

Windoze booting up. Reminds me of a story:
I think I can, puff puff, I think I can, puff puff chug, oh I think I am going to make it... :surprise:

when I restart my Win7 desktop, I just leave the room and go take a cold shower, maybe that will remove the frustration :crying2:

This laptop I am using now? Click 1.2.3....................14 seconds and FF is going and I am opening websites. but, oh, that is Linux.....

·
Administrator
58,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ken,
my Win7 finally has a password on it, but ONLY because it was a Requirement for Network Sharing. It has an Admin account that is passworded, but the user account was open for over 10 years, and never once, was there an issue related to outside access.....

I needed to be able to send pictures to it from my cellphone, and also access the Win7 PC via WiFi from my laptops, and that is the only reason the Win7 user account got a password..... Sharing requirement.

No one can get into the network from the outside, the router has a hard firewall, and the WiFi has 14 character password.

I am the only one other than my daughter, who has access to anything in my house.

I know the idea drives security geeks up the wall, but there isn't any risk "here for me", and I have done it that way since my first computer.

at work, on the Intranet? 12 character passwords.
but this is my home, and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

I have used Steve Gibson's website routine to probe my PCs and not one of them has ever been accessible from the outside.

My computers never get out of my control...... so it is not an issue.

the websites they see, are passworded and I use LastPass to handle that chore, and you have to know the 24 character password to enable that.

·
Magic Moderator
4,476 Posts
That would be one strong storm to reach New Mexico. That's an animated weather smilie that I retrieved from another forum, downloaded it and then test it for possible use.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hurricanes on the east coast blow west to east on their southern edges.

·
Administrator
58,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
. . :welc: . :claps: . :cam: . :laugh: . :ROFL: . >:) . 0:)

. :| . :surprise: . :nerd: . :x . :wink2: . :crying2: .

. :smile2: . :grin3: . :laugh: . :raspberry: . :ssshh: . :?.

. :needahug: . :applause: . :D . :doh: . :whip: . Welcome to Forum images

·
Administrator
58,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Welcome page 2 images

. :cheesygrin: . :band: . :jumper: . :byebye: .

. :thumbsdown: . :baffled: . :tongue: . :axeman: . :smallpopcorn: .

. :hardhat: . :dumber: . :fishing: . :blowingup: . :alco: .

. :hallo: . :dighole: . :walker: . :july4thflag: . :doh2: .

. :2finger:

·
Administrator
58,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Testing paragraph formatting......

Firefox is cramming everything into one long sentence............

this is Chromium under Linux, trying to see what it does.......... 3 blanks line above this sentence.

4 blanks above here.

·
Administrator
58,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Firefox again, just now turned OFF "NoScript" to see if that is doing it, it was just turned on last night before I went to bed.....

5th blank line

6 blank lines

21 - 40 of 67 Posts