Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Old Broad
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just read something in another post and it reminded me of something I had ment to pass on some time ago but forgot.:baffled: As many of you know, I work with immagration here in Canada. If any of you all are planning a trip to the sunny north:cheeky1:, just a word of warning. Even a 10yr old DUI will be cause for refusal of entry. Also any form of criminallity will also put the Kybosh on a nice trip as well as a waste of good $$$'s. If you have a criminal history, get you record expunched or as we call it a Pardon. As well weapons of ANY kind are not permitted. I would eally hate to see someone I call a friend ending up in my cells until removal back to wence you came from. This is directed generally to my US buddies as we tend to think we cam come and go as we please but this also applies to all countries. Take care my friends & ride safe.:waving::waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,928 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
I just read something in another post and it reminded me of something I had ment to pass on some time ago but forgot.:baffled: As many of you know, I work with immagration here in Canada. If any of you all are planning a trip to the sunny north:cheeky1:, just a word of warning. Even a 10yr old DUI will be cause for refusal of entry. Also any form of criminallity will also put the Kybosh on a nice trip as well as a waste of good $$$'s. If you have a criminal history, get you record expunched or as we call it a Pardon. As well weapons of ANY kind are not permitted. I would eally hate to see someone I call a friend ending up in my cells until removal back to wence you came from. This is directed generally to my US buddies as we tend to think we cam come and go as we please but this also applies to all countries. Take care my friends & ride safe.:waving::waving:
They are kind of taking the fun out of it :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,276 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
We should put Canada in charge of our southern area... Maybe it would not be a.... better stop there.....
What he said...........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,928 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
We should put Canada in charge of our southern area... Maybe it would not be a.... better stop there.....
Hey hey hey, be carefull about that use of the all in one inclusive word "southern". You gotta tote a gun and say special words over the flag if you come down here. Now ifen you speak of southern border with Mexico, then OK I'll buy into that one. :cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
imported post

if you can supply me with a patriotic style g-banger i may be of assistance.........:cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,928 Posts
imported post

taffy australia wrote:
if you can supply me with a patriotic style g-banger i may be of assistance.........:cheeky1::cheeky1:
Geeeeessssh, I saw ya in one of them bangers, how about I just loan ya a gun :cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
imported post

what ever, as long as i can help..............................:cooldevil::cooldevil:

forget that, after doing a bit more reserch it looks like i will never get into canada again....:crying::crying:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,928 Posts
imported post

taffy australia wrote:
what ever, as long as i can help..............................:cooldevil::cooldevil:
:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:I got as good tree stand all picked out for ya :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the warning Fysty-1.... I will re think my plan of a contract killing of our neighbours kids who insist on playing loud music and game machines in the shed at the bottom of their garden, at unearthly times of the night!!!!!:X

Will my speedingticket issued by a nice policeman back in 1975 jeopardize my chances of enty? :baffled::cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
imported post

taffy australia wrote:
what ever, as long as i can help..............................:cooldevil::cooldevil:

forget that, after doing a bit more reserch it looks like i will never get into canada again....:crying::crying:
oh the tangled web i have weaved, and you think you got problems foxy.......:cooldevil::cooldevil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,928 Posts
imported post

Well, I studied on this long and hard and I have come to the forgone conclusion that Canada don't like bikers. And ifen your a southern biker, your ass may be shot ifen you get within 300 yards of the border. Crapola! How can I visit my old friends up there now:baffled:. I know for a personal experience they don't like southern rednecks and if you plate says your from the southern states, your gonnna get eyeballed extra good. Add biker to that and we are dog meat! :shock:You can't drink, you can't carry a gun, you can't drive funny, you recon sexwill keep you out too :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:.
 

·
Old Broad
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Cyote61 wrote:
Well, I studied on this long and hard and I have come to the forgone conclusion that Canada don't like bikers. And ifen your a southern biker, your ass may be shot ifen you get within 300 yards of the border. Crapola! How can I visit my old friends up there now:baffled:. I know for a personal experience they don't like southern rednecks and if you plate says your from the southern states, your gonnna get eyeballed extra good. Add biker to that and we are dog meat! :shock:You can't drink, you can't carry a gun, you can't drive funny, you recon sexwill keep you out too :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:.
No way to southern bikers here if you are riding a Wing as this is concidered a "Rolls" therefore oppulence.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Foxy, No speeding ticks don't count.:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,223 Posts
imported post

Now hold on a minute... Last time I went to Canada I don't remember anybody askin' me if I had a criminal record, and I certainly wasn't going to give any reason for them to look at me that close.

And if you work with immigration, why'd ya spel itt rong?(lol)... How likely is it that people are questioned about this? Maybe I should "take the scenic route"...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,207 Posts
imported post

Angela you probably cringe when I drive thru the border check, US birth certificate, canadian parents and registration of canadian citizenship since I was a wee lad.......seems I always get thru both ways, but I do leave the guns at home :p

Seems with even my sordid past I can cross the line both ways, although I did get asked at US customs last fall about an assault charge from way way back in 1986.....
seems when I explained that my X-wifes boyfriend hit my knee with his face several times and the judge frowned upon it, well I did not even get a chance to finish the story, just got waved thru :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
imported post

What is the status of having to have a passport now when crossing both ways.:baffled:

It's been a while since I've went up, but then just had my drivers license and also birth cert available if they asked.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,207 Posts
imported post

Passport not needed yet when driving, but a must when flying, this is for entry to the USA, Canada does not require such for americans tho LOL go figure!
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

Canuks get a better deal coming south, we don'tmake past DUIs to stop them. There ought to be a bit of reciprocity. I've run into that rule several times. Three times in the past eight years I had to drive up to the border and swap with a Coach driver who couldn't get into Canada because he'd had a past DUI and hadn't told the company. I do know of one Canadian who worked for the same charter company I did that had a three year old DUI in the US but they let him drive north over the border. Seems rather unfair. The Canadian companies cheat in the US too, we can't pick up anyone in Canada and take them to another place in Canada. Kind of like the old Jones law for ships. They can't legally do it in the US either but the do all the time in the ski season down here. Buses come down from Vancouver pick up people in Washington cities, take them skiing at Washington ski resorts and then drop the folks off and return to Canada. I'd sure like to see that stopped it's really unfair to US companies.
 

·
Old Broad
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

exavid wrote:
Canuks get a better deal coming south, we don'tmake past DUIs to stop them. There ought to be a bit of reciprocity. I've run into that rule several times. Three times in the past eight years I had to drive up to the border and swap with a Coach driver who couldn't get into Canada because he'd had a past DUI and hadn't told the company. I do know of one Canadian who worked for the same charter company I did that had a three year old DUI in the US but they let him drive north over the border. Seems rather unfair. The Canadian companies cheat in the US too, we can't pick up anyone in Canada and take them to another place in Canada. Kind of like the old Jones law for ships. They can't legally do it in the US either but the do all the time in the ski season down here. Buses come down from Vancouver pick up people in Washington cities, take them skiing at Washington ski resorts and then drop the folks off and return to Canada. I'd sure like to see that stopped it's really unfair to US companies.
I agree 100% on that Exavid. It should not be allowed but then if no one informs authorities of this, how would they be caught? :p:p

The place that has the most problem with entery is by Air. We had a guy in cells that had come to canada 8 or 10 times no probs the he got stopped and had major criminality and was refused. Permently. Driving in you take the chance of random checks. I have only been stopped 3 times in the thousands of times I've crossed the 49th. But flying in you have a greater chance of being questioned.:baffled:

Just because I am contracted to gaurd Imm. detainees doesn't mean I have to know how to spell.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cooldevil:
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top