Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just got a new Travelcade gel set for my 1100 off of ebay. It is a very nice seat but when I went to install it and fit the tongue in the pocket, I have to push the seat down a bit in the rear to get it to fit. It's like the front of the seat is not sitting down properly I also noticed that the cowl area on the front of the seat is about 1" narrower than the stock seat. This prevents the seat from being able to be pushed forward so that it covers the lip on the rear of the false tank like the stock seat does. I think I can get it to work but it will not be adjustable front to rear. Is this a common problem with these seats?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

Just answered my own question. Took the new seat for a ride tonight and found out that the seat is was made narrower in front so your legs are not so spread apart as on the old seat. This gives me more reach to ground. So, even though the seat is higher than the original, I can still flat foot when stopping. I do lose the ability for seat adjustment but that's fine with me. The seat is WAY better than the old one. From what I have read on the forum, it takes about 500 miles of riding for the gel to break in and feel comfortable. So, I guess it will get even better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.