Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in another thread that plans were to visit the Black Canyon of the Gunnison in SW Colorado and Arches and Canyonlands national parks in SE Utah in first half of June. Anybody have good info on availability of lodging, fuel and food in that region these days? Appreciate any good feedback including reference to websites with travel info. I like to keep such trips loose to see what happens in real time rather than plan them tight like someone with OCD....馃槼

Pwhoever
Following because I'm planning on hitting Colorado in about a week and a half prior to going to the Midwest M&G over Labor Day. My visit will be brief. I plan on spending the night around Colorado Springs or maybe Gunnison if I can make it.

Like you, I'm leaving my options open. Normally what I will do is earlier in the afternoon, figure out about how far I will be able to make it and then check on TripAdvisor or Orbitz for lodging availability and book it. This has worked out pretty well on most trips.

Then getting an early start to run over Montrose, then down to Ouray and Silverton and continuing down the Million Dollar Hwy to Durango. So far, this section remains unaffected by the wildfires and I hope it continues. I was hoping to leave town earlier for the trip so I could tour more of Colorado but cant. I plan on going back, maybe next year when I can spend more time there.

Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Scott Lawson and Rex Cameron just toured from Winston, MO to Colorado, SD, WY and didn't have any problems getting hotel rooms or food.

sometimes, they had to get takeout and sit on a bench, but other places, they could sit inside with the tables sparsely spread out.

don't recall if they mentioned wearing masks, but take some with you to make the others "feel good" about you.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #4
I was just checking back on this thread to see if any new responses, reread my original, and realized that I'm retarded! ["SLOW"] The trip was planned for first half SEPT. not June. Yikes, I'm losing it!:oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts