Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wife and myself were living on the road in my truck our first year that we were married. Ohh what fun we had on the road that year. If you really want to know someone just live in a moving truck that is only 6-8 feet wide and about 12-14 foot long inside for a year with them. I drive and she rides, ohh what fun that can be!!

Make no mastake I love my wife to no end, however there was times I wanted to toss her right out of the truck and I am sure she wanted the same for me more than once. Having said that we had a wonderfull time on the road together and I would not change a thing about it if I were to do it again.:shock::cheeky1:

Having never been out of her home town untill I met her, she had the most fun she ever had before she told me once. She, Dawn, wanted to remember her travels as we moved around the states in our truck, she became half owner by saying I do, need I say more about that??

As we traveled she thought it would be fun to colect something from each and every state she would be in. She thought about Tee shirts and the size of the truck helped change her mind. Next she though about shot glasses, but I told her that a year of the truck shaking and hitting bumps and the things moving around as you stop or turn would most likley break some of the glasses and she thought better of it. So Dawn then said "keychains". I said ok that was small so we would have room for them and would not be likley to break in there from shaking and moving around.

So now after a year of collecting keychains Dawn owns 46 of 48 state keychains. Dawn and I never hit Rhode Island or N Dakota for some reason. Now I have been in all 48 plus most of Canada. She is the proud owner of a ball of keychains that weighs about three pounds now.

So after almost ten years of that ball of keychains sitting around she ask what to do with it now. So my answer was to set them free, so to speak. We want to set them free upon the world via Goldwings.

I want to get a photo the ball of keychains in front of every state capital that is in the ball. So I want to start a Travel Bug. I would send it to someone that will travel on there Goldwing to a state Capitol and snap us a photo, and send it to us.

The ball was gathered to remind us of the travels we did, now I want to see your travels with our keychains. Just for the fun of it.

If you can get this to a state that we have in our ball of keychains and want to help us out on this quest I will set it free upon the Goldwing world. As it travels around if you have a keychain you want to add that's ok too. I would even send it to the other side of the pond as long as you send pic's of your Goldwing and the ball of keychains by it so we can see your ride and the ball in the same photo.

I would like to move it from member to member and have an e-mail sent back so we can keep track of it. send a pm from the person sending and reciving it.

We wouuld like to get it back someday so keep it moving and send pic's and send where it is as well.

who's first, who's second,so forth. Hand it to a member of the fourm,send it to a member or send it back and I will send it to another member that ask for it.

Lets see how many states and countrys it can get to. Have fun with it.

Ok I was just informed that some of these are zipper pulls not keychans but still the same to me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

well any takers??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

I would take it to Austin, Texas to take a picture of it. We have a Meet and Greet in April that would be a good time to pass it along to someone coming in from another state. Perhaps the Rhino's could pass it to some of the capitals on their way home.

Kevin Eddins

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I'd certainly be willing to do it for Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. In fact once we start riding we could do a trip to ND and add one of the missing tags. We won't be riding for 6 weeks yet so we couldn't start.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

If you have Mississippi on there I can take it to Jackson for a pic.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I'll volunteer for South Carolina. Since I'm also going to the Texas M&G in April I could hit a few states coming or going alone the southern route through La,Miss,Ala, and maybe Ga.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

I'm more than willing to get a photo of it in Albany, but being NY you will likely be taxed for it.

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

I can do Indianapolis, IN for you:action:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

We can get the nations capital (Ottawa) from here, :waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

well I misspoke when I said 46 states and Missing N Dakota.

It is S Dakota missing and she was only in 46 states not that she got 46 states worth keychains. well folks I goofed up again, she started collecting after our first trip to the east coast and she missed getting most of the New England states while we were there on her first trip.

She,Dawn, started to collect right after we left New York that first trip. So we are missing a few keychains. That first trip with her was her chance to have all of the New England statesbut was not collecting at the time.

So while moving this Ball"o"keychains around if you are in one of the missing states please help to get them all on this little trip around the country and get its photo in front of the state Capitol. I also want your bike in the photo with the Ball"o"keychains so I can collect pic'sall of your rides on the fourm with them.

When you get them please try not to keep them more than about a week ortwo weeks so as to keep them moving. Pass on or mail back to fourm members only as I would like to someday get them home after the riding season is done.

Please send pic's as this is the reason for sending them into the world. I will take all of the pic's you can send back with the Ball"o"keychains and your ride together in the same photos.

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Panatellos wrote:
I would take it to Austin, Texas to take a picture of it. We have a Meet and Greet in April that would be a good time to pass it along to someone coming in from another state. Perhaps the Rhino's could pass it to some of the capitals on their way home.

Kevin Eddins
I'm coming down for that meet and greet and I work in the KS capital so that would be covered. I'll be passing thru OKC the capital of OK so there are 3 states down with 2 riders :cool:

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I would be more than happy to take a pic at the UTAH state capitol !!

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Hey Chuck,

My wife thinks that's funny, and we'd be more than happy to do the Missouri one.

Bill

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

any word on where the keys are going???

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,142 Posts
imported post

Well, I'm about a 30 minute drive to our state capitol in Phoenix. Plus I could give you a picture of it in front of our Fire Department Administration Building :)

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I could handle Nebraska, and if ya' asked me nicely, I'd be willing to take a jaunt into Iowa to visit family that still lives in Des Moines

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

My wife and I went through our state capital twice on a trip this weekend, and we were wondering what happened to this thread. Anyone? Beuller?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

I will take Tennessee if this is still going on

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.