Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Greetings fellow riders. I just purchased a Travlite trailer and I have several questions hopefully there will be someone with some expertise.

1. Does anyone know why they would put a piece of untreated wafer board between the frame and the tub?

2. Does anyone have copies of original paperwork for this travel that I might be able to get my hands on?

3. Does anyone know if there is anyplace I could buy the awning/screen room that attaches to this trailer?

4. I am missing the board and cushion that complete the bed does anyone havethe size for this so I can make a new one?

Thank you in advance for any help you might provide.

At present I have just sand blasted the complete frame and am painting it tomorrow(wow imagine that I'm doing a frame off restoration!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

I used to have a Travelite Hardtop, pity they stopped making them. It wasn't as lite as the name suggested, I reckon 350lbs. There are plenty of same sized units weighing in at around 300.

The board is the floor/table. I'm not too good at remembering specs, but I'll see if I can pull anything up without making promises.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

This is the only picture I can find of mine at the moment, taken before we had digital cameras. My son got it from the photo andinto the computer for me a few minutes ago.

The floor should look something like what you see in the picture. It has good storage underneath and there should be a pole that you put under the floor so it can be used as a table.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

I just looked at your profile and see you are riding a GL1200. When I bought my camper I had a GL1200 and it was a heck of a struggle for it to pull the camper loaded up. I mean I had to really gun the throttle a lot at take-off. The 6 cylinder Wings pull it much easier and with no effort or work.
I just thought you might need to know that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.