Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have 95 aspy. with e-3 tires i can't find the min. tread wear indicator on them.. i have looked by the triangle sign but still can't find it.. any other way to see how worn my tires are??

2nd question when i hit the start button all the dash light go out nothing happens. ,then wiggle motorcycle around a little and everything works again. doesn't happen all the time,but enough to want to get it fixed..

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
imported post

You could do it the old fashion way and stick a penny upside down in the tread, if you see the top of Lincolns head its time for a tire. I just replace an E3 on my 1800 and the wear indicators were hard to find until it was very close to gone.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

If you follow thr groove of your tread around your tire, you will find a raised line that goes from side to side. There is a few of them spaced out around your tire.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

kads wrote:

"2nd question when i hit the start button all the dash light go out nothing happens. ,then wiggle motorcycle around a little and everything works again. doesn't happen all the time,but enough to want to get it fixed.."

Sounds like a short to me, I would start tracing wires and check all connections to include grounds to solve this problem before it becomes something a lot bigger and costly.

I'm sure one of our great gurus will be along to help you out.

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

I know it seems like the 2 week area's I have encountered on the 1500 is the ignition switch itself and the RH controls. I would concentrate on those 2. Next time it happens try working the key a couple of times without moving the bike. This definetly needs fixed as it will only get worse eventually stranding you.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Remove the dummy tank cover and the ignition switch and check the cpu and wiring plug/ socket near the steering head. After fitting a tank bag last summer down in California, I disturbed this wiring causing a similar problem. I just pushed the fittings back together and all was well, maybe this will help you. Also check the ground wire from your battery.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

found the problem just had a loose ground at the battery, as far as tread wear bars i still can't find them. thanks for the replies.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

These are crappy pic's but my pen is pointing to an arrow which is stamped on the tire. It marks the spot that the wear marks are. They are across the tread, inside the groove & they look like little bumps. On this tire, they are minimum tread deapth indicators. this is a Harley brand tire. other makes might have different marks but, they will have them. Once you find one, you look across your tread for the little humps inside. Those humps are your tire guage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

thanks for the pics. i will look again and try to find them i have elite 3 on now.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

That electrical problem might be a tough find. try wiggling the steering first and see if it happens, if so you might have loose wiring around the ignition area.

·
Premium Member
93 Honda Aspencade, 112,000 + miles
162 Posts
imported post

On the EIII's that were on my bike the diamond shaped indicator was actually on the sidewall and not on the tread area like the first picture. However , I had to lie on the floor and use a falshlight to see the indicators in the treat, they sure don't stick up very much.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

thanks i finally see the tread wear bars,with the help of a flashlight.looks like i am good to go for now.. thanks for all the responses and the pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.