Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i have bought my bike already installed with show chrome tridium fog lights and i wanted to change my turn signals look , so i bought switchback pathfinder led (smoked ).

i noticed both sides are randomly off , at first when i saw right side i thought wiring issues cased this or fog dead. But later on both sides became randomly turn on or off.

i contacted bigbikeparts and they replied assuming that could be a conflict issue.

any idea how fix it or going around them ?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,429 Posts
what year and model bike are they on?

the 1500s, if not modified, turn those lights on when the signal is activated.

most folks modify the wiring so they stay on all the time, or add a switch so they are on when activated.

·
Administrator
26,718 Posts
The fog lights and turn signals have nothing to do with each other. Is it the fog lights or the position lights in the turn signals that are random? That part is a little unclear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fog lights were randomly off. I wasn't sure if pathfinder is casing this until i remove pathfinder bulbs (turn lights LEDs) and return back old OEM bulbs. And no more issues.

So i’m sure now about their conflict. Bigbikepart says no way around them and they recommend me to connect blocker and i’m not sure how it’s going to help.

·
Administrator
26,718 Posts
I just can't see how that's possible unless some moron somehow wired something in to the wrong place. The fog lights should have their own circuit completely exclusive of the turn signals, it is provided for in the factory wiring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, pathfinder really do conflicts with tridium. But that only with PATHFINDER DYNAMIC-SEQUENTIAL LED FRONT INDICATORS WITH DTR LIGHTS. And that you can see in product’s description. But never thought it will have the same issue as well as regarding to pathfinder switchback leds. I guess they both share same conflict

If you look into product’s description :
DOES NOT WORK WITH BB52-915 & BB52-915 Tridium LED Fog/Running/Driving Light KitS for F6B, GL1800

·
Administrator
26,718 Posts
well, pathfinder really do conflicts with tridium. But that only with PATHFINDER DYNAMIC-SEQUENTIAL LED FRONT INDICATORS WITH DTR LIGHTS. And that you can see in product’s description. But never thought it will have the same issue as well as regarding to pathfinder switchback leds. I guess they both share same conflict

If you look into product’s description :
DOES NOT WORK WITH BB52-915 & BB52-915 Tridium LED Fog/Running/Driving Light KitS for F6B, GL1800
OK then, I guess they interfere with each other by RF somehow.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
tridium fog lights will not work with LEDs in all the turn signal lights.
Two options
1. Put a load resistor across one left and one right turn signal light.
2. Leave one left and one right turn signal light oem.
I fought this problem for over a year before I read the fine print on the lights. It states that the with the pathfinders.
But in reality they wont work with all led turn signals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts