Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently acquired a 1994 SE and plan to add a pair of LED driving lights to increase my visibility to other drivers. I’d like for these to come on with the ignition and to go off like the headlight does when the engine is started.

I’ll use a direct fused feed off the battery to feed a normally open relay. I just need to know where I can pick up a trigger wire for the relay that will energize when the key is turned on but drop out when the starter button is pressed.

The color and location of this wire would be greatly appreciated. I’ve searched several threads and have not had any luck finding this. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I don't know how the 1500 is wired, and I don't have a schematic.
The 1200 power routing goes to the start switch, then to the headlight fuse.
If you're just going to be using this source to energize the relay, it doesn't add a significant load to the circuit. You should be able to pick it up at the headlight fuse.
You should be able to verify the wiring by probing the fuse and watching for voltage to drop out when you depress the start button.

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
At the fuse block

Just tap onto the "ACC" at the top of the fuse block. It is only energized witht he key switch so it will activate the relay and light the LED driving lamps...

The 2 blue wires at the top as exmaple...

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
Look for a blu/wht wire in either a red 9 pin or a black 9 pin connector behind the right side fairing marker light.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
If you use LEDs with low power consumption you could wire them into the tail light circuit. There is really no need to power them down while cranking.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all who have responded!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.