Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have tried the 'trigger wheels'?? I have read about how they are supposed to give more advance and performance. Is that so? One of the vendors has them and they also recommend using higher octane gas. I have tried to make my 99 GL1500 ping by lugging it and it does not seem to want to ping. My 92 would rattle a little at very low rpm's when lugged, I am thinking if this wheel really helps out some it might be a good thing to have. I also pull a Aspen Classic Camper 2 up occasionally. Is the trigger wheel worth the extra cost??

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
The whole "trigger wheel" idea started when some folks (years ago) installed them to improve the "off idle" issues with the 1988 Gold Wing's. It did not resolve the issue, however it did advance the timing and increase the idle RPM's therefor somewhat reducing the off idle issue. Basically it "Masked" the issue.

Honda released a Service Bulletin that did resolve the issue.....!!

I have a 1999 Gold Wing SE with 222,298 miles and no need for a trigger wheel. I have ridden in all the lower 48 states over many high altitude areas with no issues (even pulling a cargo trailer) and 2 up.

Just my experience and thoughts......!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts