Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good morning from sunny Florida, no hurricanes yet:cooldj:My wife and I have a beautiful 1994 1500se and we are getting to an age when we are considering triking our bike. We feel it will be easier on us riding 2 up. Does anyone have any suggestions on the different conversion kits as to what they feel are the best ones and why? All your help is greatly appreciated.:baffled::walker::dance::18red:

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Glad to have you aboard :clapper:I am sure Night Flyer and some of the other trike owners will be along shortly and will give you some helpful information.

It seems like a trike would be a fun way to travel. I met a couple on their trike, while traveling the Blue Ridge Pkwy, who were from Fla on their way to Niagra Falls pulling a camper. Are you planning on any long trips?

Keep on Winging :bat:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Yallen, "Geordie Muppet" and his wife "Christine", ( both members on here) have experiences worth sharing about trikes. They had one not purpose build which I think you will find that theywouldn't recommend, and now have a custom built 1800 which they both love. I am sure they will spot this post in due course, or try a PM to one of them. :waving:

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
imported post

Hi Yallon,

I have been totally sold on the Insta Trike Conversion. I have a complete article with pictures at this link.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/5688.html

If you have been reading other posts you will see that I have been riding over some of the twistiest roads in So Cal, with no problems, as the others on this site, will attest too.

I can take pictures, look around and my wife can move around too, but I stay straight.

I chose this over the regular permanant trike kit, because I can remove it when I want to, and it rides softer than a conventional trike does. It is wider and much less expensive too.

I have never been able tip it over, no matter how hard I try.

In a sharp turn the inside wheel will lift just a little, because the outside wheel compresses on the torsion bar, (designed to work that way) but there are still 3 wheels on the ground!

Once you get used to it, you will be quite at ease and find it a little hot rod.

There are 2 sizes of wheels for them, and you can send for a free dvd from their website. I like mine alot...I mean really.

Here's the link to the website and you can see pictures of all the bikes they make them for.

http://www.tow-pacinc.com

So Ride easy and safe.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.