Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Did it take you long toget used to riding it after you converted it to a trike?:clapper:

·
Just one of the guys
4,832 Posts
imported post

Wingle wrote:
Did it take you long toget used to riding it after you converted it to a trike?:clapper:
I have untold hours and miles on snowmobiles and 4 wheelers so the transition only took me about 3 miles. If you have only ever ridden two wheels it will likely take a bit longer to get used to it. The steering is exactly opposite of what you do on a bike, you do NOT countersteer, you steer into the corner. you will probably still lean in the seat, I usually do justto counteractthe centrifugal force.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,629 Posts
imported post

I had not thought of that Doug.

I used to own a John Deere snowmobile back in '78 and kept it for 10 years or more. It was the model that had the huge Kawasaki engine and steel cleated tracks.

I loved it, it would do 110 mph on ice and I drove it on the frozen roads of northwest Utah when nothing else could go anywhere. Huge fuel tank, it held enough fuel for me to drive it a couple of hundred miles and still get back home.

But the steering part, I hadn't thought of the relationship between the snowmobile and a trike. Hmmm, I might have to revisit the idea. Just depends on how much Mardonna thinks that she will actually ride with me.

I won't be able to afford 2 Goldwings, so my choice has got to be right the first time.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Wingle wrote:
I hadn't ridden in over 10 years when I got the trike (that's another story). The two hardest things to get over are: 1. Leaning into the turn does not help, in fact you almost need to lean opposite the turn. 2. push-pull to turn.
The more I ride it the better I like it.:)

I have ridden the "Tail of the Dragon" twice. That has helped my confidence and handling ability immensely. If you have road like it, I would recommend it heartily.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

I've ridden sidecars for years and much of your advice is as with outfits except they tend to lift up on fast righthanders which is great fun. They are also great in snow.
I was thinking of getting a Panda or Cosy for the Wing but my wife likes the solo riding after 30 years on and off with the present outfit. But as time goes by she might be persuaded to go to another form of three wheels..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.