Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

GW1800 (2007) California Cobra

I have 4300 miles on trike and amdisappointed in the wear to the front tire (Bridgestone 130/70R 18 m/c). It's wearing even all around.Should something be done to front end? Trike has Power Trac 4.5 Deg Rake Kit. Would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.Perhaps I need to buy another brand tire that would wear better.THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! Dan :stumped: (Danny Boy)

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

Try talking to the trike mfgr. to see what tires most people use. Another brand tire may do the trick.When you add the added weight of a trike when stopping I would think you would want the biggest footprint you can find.,,

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

The more expensive, harder compounds are better. I run Dunlops on my front(MotorTrike), seems to be a pretty hard compound and is wearing even.I have put about 3,000 miles on em. A word of advise, warm the tire up a bit when you first head out to ride, I noticed the cold tire doesn't hold the road as well as when warm. jimsjinx

·
Administrator
26,156 Posts
imported post

I have heard the tire of choice on a trike is a Michelin pilot active 130/70 rear tire for something or other. I saw one on a trike and it's a good looking tire with lots of tread.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

I have the exact same problem.What tire did you go to and how has it done. I'm getting ready to buy a front tire but Bridgestone is not on my list.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

GLAD to be of help. I purchased a DUNLOP ELITE 3 and carry 44 lbs. of air. It has outlasted the original tire. Hope I have been of assistance.
DAN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.