Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:)Looking at a trike kits anybody have a good idea witch one to get

thanks

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I have a Champion Side Car product andlove it. I tried the independent suspention before opting for the solid. Very happy I did. :cool:

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

I've seen Christine's trike, and it really is a beautiful machine

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Same here, love it. I tried the independent suspention before opting for the solid. Very happy I did. :cool:
SpiderBob,

Can you expand on that please? Why did you choose solid over independent? What were the handling characteristics of one versus the other.

My wife and I test rode one (Roadsmith, I believe) at WingDing in Greenville. She hated it. Said she was flopping around like a fish on the back seat.

I'm kind of interested in a trike but not if it doesn't handle right or keep my wife happy on the back seat.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i'm thinking of triking my 1200, i definatley would'nt go with the solid, assuming you mean no rear suspension as in a hard tail, ive had a hardtail trike before,it wasnt good for my back

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

WingMan71

SpiderBob,

Can you expand on that please? Why did you choose solid over independent? What were the handling characteristics of one versus the other.

My wife and I test rode one (Roadsmith, I believe) at WingDing in Greenville. She hated it. Said she was flopping around like a fish on the back seat.

I'm kind of interested in a trike but not if it doesn't handle right or keep my wife happy on the back seat.

Thanks.

The independent suspension gave me a feeling of too much lean that I could not control as you canon a twowheeler. The solid axle in conjunction with two additional shocks and the air shock (still controlled by the on-board air compressor) handles like a Corvette. Itis not a hard-tail (that would kill you).I don't want to talk bad about independent suspension as they have a purpose, they just are not for meand my wife riding on the back.There are advantages as to rough roads for the IS system, it will bea softer ride.

Before you decide, ride the straight axle as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.