Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

my neighbor wants to buy goldwing trike conversion.

what are some of the reputable companies that does this.

im in the chicago area.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Has your neighbour decided on what make of trike first? There are quite a few available.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

Have him check out DFT trikes. They are located in Addison. DFT is one of the best on the market.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Though Motortrike is a great trike, the factory service is piss poor. If I was gonna buy a new one, I'd buy a California Sidecar Company, Cobra model. Super clean, nice fiberglass work, and a great after sale support team. JMO. and that would be on either a spankin new 1800, or the nicest Valkerie I could find! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
imported post

The only thing I would recommend is that your neighbor try to get out to some of the dealers and ride the trikes. Everyone will always tell you that theirs is the best but what feels good to you is the one that works. There are several good dealer installers around Chicago and a few that you might need to drive a few miles for. Niehaus sells lehman and CSC. Randys sells lehman and Both are really great at trikes.
http://www.trikecorral.com/
Heres a site that has listings with trike dealers by state and brand types. On the dealers your friend might call first because there are a few that have gone under in the past couple of years due to the economy.
Trike wise I recommend lehman . I have 41,000 trouble free miles. And except for greasing the u-joint when changing the oil she's pretty much maintenance free. Its old technology being that shes a straight axle and not independent suspension like the newer ones but it what works for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.