Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, High to all, this discussion is to make steering a little easier. First l have a Trike Kit on rear, l know not a true trike but need some ideas for easier stering. Could get a fork rake replacement but cost is just to much for me. I could put on longer forks, wouldn't by doing that (maybe) give a little rise in front but giving an easier steer? If I was able to do that what forks could l use? Do they make shock extensions? Forgot to mention this is for my 1981 GL1100. Any ideas would be helpful. I dont /want to buy another bike, I am very happy with my ole 81. Thanks

·
Trike Master
1,257 Posts
Your only answer is a rake kit. Longer forks, if you could even find any, would not improve the handling. Out riggers are truly harder to steer than real trikes, although real trikes without a rake kit are pretty hard to steer also. Those that add rake kits do, usually, include extended fork caps which are used simply to level the bike again,

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Simply installing longer fork tubes will raise the front end … and in doing so will lay the imaginary line through the steering stem closer to horizontal … and will in fact increase trail and required steering effort … this assuming no changes in the rear ride height.

Installing shorter fork tubes will steepen that angle of that imaginary line as the front of the bike drops … assuming no change at the rear … making for slightly easier steering and a quicker response to turn into a corner, but this is limited as the ground is getting closer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok, High to all, this discussion is to make steering a little easier. First l have a Trike Kit on rear, l know not a true trike but need some ideas for easier stering. Could get a fork rake replacement but cost is just to much for me. I could put on longer forks, wouldn't by doing that (maybe) give a little rise in front but giving an easier steer? If I was able to do that what forks could l use? Do they make shock extensions? Forgot to mention this is for my 1981 GL1100. Any ideas would be helpful. I dont /want to buy another bike, I am very happy with my ole 81. Thanks
How did you trike yours? I sure would like to trike my 1980 GW 1100, mine since 1988 with out breaking the bank!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,112 Posts
How did you trike yours? I sure would like to trike my 1980 GW 1100, mine since 1988 with out breaking the bank!
Hank,
you never did answer me about the wheel kit that I have in the For Sale forum?

It isn't fancy like the new ones at $5k and $6k are,
but for way less than a tenth of that price, we can get together on a fair value. and it is a push button operated unit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hank,
you never did answer me about the wheel kit that I have in the For Sale forum?

It isn't fancy like the new ones at $5k and $6k are,
but for way less than a tenth of that price, we can get together on a fair value. and it is a push button operated unit.

I gave you a call

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,112 Posts
I didn't receive it, sorry, it is gone now, went to Buffalo, NY

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,112 Posts
I gave you a call
IIRC,
I said, or should have said, send me a text to remind me to turn off the Car Warranty filter.
IF, a ph# is NOT in my Contacts List, it goes straight to Voice Mail.

So, if you did not leave a Voice Mail, I never knew you called, it does not even leave a number on the phone for me to refer to.

Yesterday, I got a voice mail that was 3 minutes and 15 seconds long ???
yep, I checked it to see what it was.
I could not believe someone took the time to speak that long about Car Warranties....
it started out:

"we have sent you several mailings about your new car's warranty expiring"...
at that point, I hit Delete...

okay, those hit the trash before we even walk in the door :)

2nd, my truck is 20 years old, I am quite sure the warranty on it expired many years ago. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
IIRC,
I said, or should have said, send me a text to remind me to turn off the Car Warranty filter.
IF, a ph# is NOT in my Contacts List, it goes straight to Voice Mail.

So, if you did not leave a Voice Mail, I never knew you called, it does not even leave a number on the phone for me to refer to.

Yesterday, I got a voice mail that was 3 minutes and 15 seconds long ???
yep, I checked it to see what it was.
I could not believe someone took the time to speak that long about Car Warranties....
it started out:

"we have sent you several mailings about your new car's warranty expiring"...
at that point, I hit Delete...

okay, those hit the trash before we even walk in the door :)

2nd, my truck is 20 years old, I am quite sure the warranty on it expired many years ago. :)
My trucks are 1999 &2002 and I get that crap all the time!!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,112 Posts
'there oughta be a law"

oh shucks, there already is:

your phone cannot be used for solicitation purposes.

·
Magic Moderator
4,755 Posts
Putting your number on the 'Do Not Call List' doesn't work, they still call. :mad:
I've had my phone off for a week, no spam calls and I have 3 emails available and if its important use one of them.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,112 Posts
I have methodically verified and add our ph#s to the do not call list every year.

so far, I can't tell that it has had any effect.

I once answer an unknown caller, and asked them, " hey guys, don't you look at the DO NOT CALL LIST?"

the answer I got back was, "what is that"? we use computers to do our dialing at random.

reporting them to the FCC is useless, the number represented on your phone is fake

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have methodically verified and add our ph#s to the do not call list every year.

so far, I can't tell that it has had any effect.

I once answer an unknown caller, and asked them, " hey guys, don't you look at the DO NOT CALL LIST?"

the answer I got back was, "what is that"? we use computers to do our dialing at random.

reporting them to the FCC is useless, the number represented on your phone is fake
When the list first came out it was OK. I had a small store I ran by myself in the daytime and it wasted a lot of my time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts