Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

trike ???

543 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 ·
imported post

Hi All,

Is it worth paying around $11,000 to have asalvage title 99 SE with 51,000 miles on it and having it triked and I can't get full coverage for insurance on it because of theR title ??

Hickey :?:?

#2 ·
imported post

I wouldn't.

But - if you're after a 99 trike, and think it worthwhile - start with "regular price", and go 50%.

Would a 51k mile 99 with a trike kit bring $22,000?

#3 ·
imported post

rgbeard,

As far as I know the prices for a R title 1500 is around (here) $5,000 - $7,000. That's what why was worried about. I know the bike ( I put it back together at a good price) but it's the insurance that worries me. If something would happen to it. Likeif sum one elsewanted it (steal it).

Hickey :stumped:

#4 ·
imported post

Hickey wrote:
rgbeard,

As far as I know the prices for a R title 1500 is around (here) $5,000 - $7,000. That's what why was worried about. I know the bike ( I put it back together at a good price) but it's the insurance that worries me. If something would happen to it. Likeif sum one elsewanted it (steal it).

Hickey :stumped:
Old rule - been around since the beginning of time.

The more cash you have the less insurance you need.

If you're flush with cash, at least enough to absorb a total loss without significant impact to you and your household, then the uninsurability shouldn't bother you too much. If you're not flush with cash, then you may be exposing yourself to far too much financial risk.

Laws vary from state to state and from underwriter to underwriter. So I am in no position to tell you what you can and can't secure for your potential Salvage trike.

#5 ·
imported post

I don't know what a '99 would be worth where you are, but around here, pretty much ANY vehicle with a salvage title is worth less than half of what a vehicle with a good title is, and it doesn't matter how slight the damage is/was. And while I have no comp or collision on my bikes, none of them are worth anywhere near $22,000 either. I would want insurance on something like that. I could absorb a $3000-$4000 loss (I've already saved way more than that by going without insurance) but could not handle a $22,000 loss.

IF it were me, I would just keep it as is and ride it. If you want a trike, I would sell it (your going to take a big loss due to the salvage title) and buy a trike already built. Trikes depreciate rapidly, you can buy one already built for way less than building one yourself out of all new parts, especially if you are going ton have it done and pay labor as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.