Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trikes
I’m looking to swap from bike to trike, I’ve looked at a voyager type kit but that was £3700 or $5000, I thought that too much even though it would give me the option of retaining my bike. I will be looking for a GL1500 trike, preferably with a trailer, I know that I would be looking for independent rear suspension but some I’ve seen have a different fork set up, they seem to have added springs / dampers. Is this something I should be adding in my with list?
Any info about what to look for would be appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Magic Moderator
4,395 Posts
I like the gold one and the price when converted to US dollars is right. The seller also has a good rating. The second seller is fairly new and only sold 3 items.

·
Administrator
58,192 Posts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-HONDA-Goldwing-Trike/362580143497?hash=item546b75ed89:g:JC0AAOSwPa1chtbE

Ive put links on of 2 I’m watching, I’m not sure the red one is a genuine listing , what are your thoughts on them.
I’m about 40 minutes from appleyards but wasn’t looking at spending that much.
Thanks for the response.
on this link, I do not see mention of the rear suspension...

I test rode a 1500 trike a year ago with a solid rear axle and leaf spring suspension. purposely rode it down a bad side road to see how it reacted.

as it was my first ride on a trike, I was not expecting to be pitched off of it completely, and that is exactly what nearly happened to me.

So, if it does NOT have full Independent Suspension, I highly advise against a trike.

The voyagers have their followers and benefits, which you have mentioned already. I just don't like their looks.

The seller of the above link has 100% positive Feedback, which is very nice. makes you feel more comfortable about their product.

·
Magic Moderator
4,395 Posts
The selling records of both sellers is what I was looking at also. I buy cheap stuff on Ebay and I check the seller's record before buying. Its his choice on which one he buys, but the second seller with the gold trike has a better record and isn't new with only 3 sales like the seller of the red one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gold one is a solid axle, very disappointed as there don’t seem to be any with independent suspension.
I could buy a basic 1500 & have it turned into a trike with independent suspension for about £12000,($15000). If I can only get a solid axle one I might as well pay £2k more & get something safe,

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
If you have that much coin to throw at it, why not a sidecar? More passengers, more cargo, more utility, more smiles per mile.

Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The boss says im not allowed a side car.
We had a program on in UK years ago called George & Mildred & its put her off 😂

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
George and Mildred, I'm guna have to look that up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts