Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Any and all thoughts on trike'n a '84 1200. Who makes kits, who might have the best . Let me have it boys the better half wants info.

Ritchie & Lyn:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

You can buy a Voyager kit for it, but I'd really suggest you find a 1500 with a trike kit already or just buy a 1500 and trike it yourself.

The 1200 has no reverse. Best if a trike has reverse.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Valid point, something to think about. Thanks for the feedback

Ritchie & Lyn :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I talked with a guy in the next county over from me that has a 1100 that was triked, he got it from a guy in Louisiana. He said he loves it........but has to make sure he parks so he can pull straight out.....a little heavy to push back, but he say's he has had to do it once or twice..

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

SB is right. The cost of triking it is high. You can probably find a used 1500 trike for close to what you could get for your 1200 + the cost of triking your 1200.

John

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

My wifes nickname is Reverse.
I never have a problem backing my 2 wheeler I dont think I would have a problem with a 3 wheeler.

I dont think the reverse issue is so great knowing that you could hop off and stand beside it while backing it up. A bit more work but it can be done.

Whats the reason for the trike. Legs ,back, or preference?Or I could just mind my Buisness.:action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

This is exactly what I Do. I love my Voyager.;););):cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

whoo hooo....gotta love dem training wheels ;)

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Hey there Tafman. Check out he rear view. I know you like rear ends:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

just quietly darlin i don't mind a good front end either :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

Attachments

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Taffy wrote:
just quietly darlin i don't mind a good front end either :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:
Yeh me neither:cooldevil::cooldevil:. Where's the shotgun to go with the shell belt in your avatar?:action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Tattoo Taffy wrote:
Yeh me neither:cooldevil::cooldevil:. Where's the shotgun to go with the shell belt in your avatar?:action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:
i am holding it...( a mouser )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Look at his avatar again, Angela. I think he's holding it.....:action:

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

No real need yet, just thinking ahead. My back warmer wants to travel as we get into retirement and thought a trike would be the way to go. I guess the Insta-Trike like Angela has is one option worth looking at, only aroung $5K, cheaper than buying a new bike. Anyway thanks all for the feed back. I knew I would get honest straight forward info from this site.

Ritchie & Lyn :action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Just went to the Instra-trike web site, that looks like the ideal mixture. Can be either 2 or 4 wheel, depending on who is riding. I like that idea. Sent for info will keep all informed of decision.

Ritchie & Lyn :action::action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

mikef wrote:
Look at his avatar again, Angela. I think he's holding it.....:action:
Boy o boy do I feel stupid!!!! I looked & looked & looked and couldn't see a thing. Read a few more post and came back to the post and there it was. As pretty as can be.:doh::doh::doh::doh::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.