Discussion Starter #1
imported post

why cant i just use a straight axle?

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:waving:Welcome and Hello

Do you mean straight live axle as in a gocart ? You need a differential to allow for cornering .

If you mean straight instead of independant , thats fine . most of them use an automotive axle from smaller rear drive cars . a lot of times they need to be shortend on one side at least for driveshaft alignment .

There are several trike builds documented here in the Technical forums . Look at the top section , in the "stickies"

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. Can you elaborate more please? I thought all axles were straight.

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

1. What is a 1500 1992 Int? Don't undeerstand the Int!
2. "Straight axle" has several different meanings. More explanation needed.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
imported post

Cdlace,

If I remember my GL1500 models correctly, the Interstate does not have the factory reverse system.

If so, you may want to consider selling or swaping out your Interstate for an Aspendace or SE model GL1500 with reverse.

Trikes are really heavy, and you're definitely not gonna like pushing that thing if you have to back up!

You'll be much better off with a trike with a reverse gear.

Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thanks everyone. The Honda Interstate I have doesn't use any oil at 95k and I hate to part with her but I do realize a reverse gear is good to have. Been looking in auto salvage yards for a ranger or mustang rear end. Thanks everyone for the info.

The only sound I hear while riding my wing is the sound of air being sucked in behind me. What a ride!

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
imported post

:waving:trikes are nice, but with no reverse would be hardto back up have you considered

a tow pac conversion seen them at wingding 33 and they have a ad-on reverse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.