Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have been off the site here for quite awhile, too many games on my phone that need to be played but I am trying to cut down on that.
My last ride of last year the bike (2013) turned over 100,000 miles. This is the second bike I have put 100,000 miles on. Last time I got to get a new bike, this time I don't think that's going to happen.
So, here in Minnesota it is cold, we just got 7 inches of snow, but the bike show is in town at the end of January, I got my order form to order bees the other day so the signs are there that spring may be on the way!
So here is what I need help with, we are trying to figure out where to go this summer. We didn't do a trip last summer for many reasons, one being not planning early enough, so this year I want to get the planning done early and often. We have done Yellowstone, Colorado, Niagra Falls, Lake Superior, Ozarks, Tail of the Dragon and a couple others and would willingly revisit any of them. I am looking for help on where to go. Right now we are thinking of Glacier National Park. I have heard a lot of great things, but am looking for information from the motorcycling crowd. Any suggestions? I told my wife we could do Bear Tooth Pass and Chief Joseph on the way back. I think I liked the idea better than she did....

Thanks for your help and input.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
River Route south to Natchez, Ms, then the Trace (read the exhibit signs too) up to Nashville, then east to Pall Mall (home of Alvin C. York of WWI fame) then 27 north and towards home.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
So many great rides in this beautiful country of ours. Like you I have over 250,000 miles on Gold wings I have been in every state except Alaska, hawaii and North Dakota. Being on the west coast I loved to take a nice scenic ride from So Cal up the coast into Oregon and Washington. Estess Park Colorado and that area is a great relaxing ride also.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have thought about that, The keys is on my bucket list. Thinking that will wait until after retirement, Hoping that will be in about 3-5 years. I'm not wishing years away, but that number is a lot smaller than it used to be. I do hope to make it every state. We've made through quite a few so far. We are hoping we can two weeks to make this trip. We did Yellowstone in a week a few years ago and could have used more time.
I open to more suggestions
Thanks for your help

Bob

·
Administrator
58,156 Posts
I have always found 1 week for a vacation to be too short.
you spent half of that just to go and return from where you visit...

but, alas, most of us are lucky to get 9 days for a vacation, with the two weekends tacked on to the "week"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts