Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

To quote Travis Tritt:

“I think I’ll get me a new tattoo, and take my old Harley for a three day cruise. Might even grow me a fu-man-chu. IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE”

Except it was 3 new tats, my old 84 Interstate Honda and a four day cruise to Memphis to St. Judes for a Fund Raising Rallywith my Southern Cruisers Riding Club….but as for the Great Day To Be Alive….he was spot on!!!!

Thurs - Leaving Tulsa in the rain threading the needle between storms. Had picked up Frog Toggs the night before at Bass Pro Shop looking at weather reports. Riding 1 upbecause the wife teaches and this is her first day with kids so she didn’t feel she should take a vacation day.

At the Arkansas line the bike started running like a Harley (lugging under load and shaking my coffee out of my cup) so at Russellville I pulled into Honda of Russellville. They were wonderful. Checked it out for me, even knowing that if it was carburetor problems they wouldn’t have the parts. Just plugs gone bad due to all the water still coming down…. Replaced and back on the road.

Smooth sailing through Little Rock. Ate at Nick’s Catfish in Carlile AR, very good catfish and BBQ (this is a road I know well from cage travel so I knew where to stop). FINALLY AT 3pm the rain stopped!!! But thanks to my Toggs I was still dry. Pulled through Memphis and down to Oxford, home of OLE MISS REBELS to visit family.

There I decided to start a travel log tattoo for the states I visit on my bike (I know many of you are thinking “I’ll just stick with adding a patch,” but I love tattoos, and I have been looking for a really good reason to start a series, coupled with the fact that I had a stroke about a month and a half ago and just got cleared to ride cross country again and am celebrating it is just my thing….)

Friday – Back up to Memphis under beautiful skies, met up with the rest of the Southern Cruisers and did a ride over to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital and took a tour, cried like a baby, added some patches, ate good on Beale, drank good on Beale, and took the Trolley home (no drinking and riding for me…)

Saturday – more beautiful weather, dice run of ~150 miles, another tattoo for the state of TN, more of Beale.

Sunday – A beautiful and uneventful ride home on I-40.

Total weekend score: Miles ~ 1750 Tattoos 3 Enjoyment (1-10) 13

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.