Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

341 - 360 of 376 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,130 Posts
Thanks for the update, never been to Branson yet, and we live only 4 hours away.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 · (Edited)
Not much to report today. We are in Poplar Bluff for the night. We are a bit behind the heat wave and want to keep it that way.
Took as many small roads as practiable. Fun ride but gets tiring.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
A good ride , mostly highway. Comfortable temps all day long. Within 5 minutes we crossed Mississippi, Ohio and Tennessee Rivers. We put about 330 miles today
For the night we are in Crosville TN

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
We headed for the Smokey Mountains, specifically for the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway.
We had so many twisted turns for hours on end. It was kind of overwhelming.
Because it is a weekend, during Fall with no rain an very good temperature
there were hundreds of motorcycle all over the mountain. Sport cars racing too.
The very next pic is the spot map with my trip .

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 ·
They call these beautiful mountains The Smokey Mountains because of the fog that covers them .
We stopped for the night in Oakwood GA

·
Administrator
27,358 Posts
That tree of shame has grown a lot since I was there last.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
We did over 500 miles in one day to escape future rain.
Had about 10 days on the road. Generally speaking it was in the hot side.

I enjoy being on the road with my wife. She's very organized and we had all thats needed to be riding for very long period of time.
Did the laundry in two occasions.

We are very pleased with our helmets. It took a day or two to brake them in . I love the modular system and the shades that you drop with a slide of a button. Very easy to drink with the helmet on.
We carry two thermoses in the holders so we have a cold drink till its finished then we refill from the cooler bag.

Happy with the corded intercom system, especially yesterday with about 9 hrs of usage.
The bike ran great, as expected with 2 or 3 things that need attention which I will post in the technical forum.
I need a new front tire.
This concludes this trip. I will post one more pic from the Tail of the Dragon when Killboy makes it available.
Thank you for your interest in this thread

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 · (Edited)
Its been more than a year and a half since we done a long trip.We had no idea about the misery we were to endure in the future
I just looked up the last few posts and Im disappointed that quite a few pics are missing. Is it Tapatalk? Dont know.
Meantime had two short rides both to Georgia. But thats under 1000 miles so they did not qualify for "far away". I just made the 1K miles rule.lol
We are going to meet with fellow Goldwing riders in North Fork Arkansas. It is North Fork but people in that area cant spell and call it Norfork. Even my autospeller dont recognize it lol

We ordered new jacket for my wife since Cyclegear didnt have it in stock (had mine) Four weeks later still no jacket We had to cancel it and bought another one at JP Cycles where Trike Lady from this forum used to work. Looks pretty good.

Then we learned about the future rainy days in Norfork.
A bit of rain here and there doesnt bother us but last time coming down from Georgia we had nothing but heavy rain
Today my wife felt her back hurting and that made our trip iffy.
Anyway, we are prepared at this hour and well leave tomorrow AM. We hope everything will go well.
I reactivated the spot. It has the option of showing more or less info to the viewer as I decide.
For the forum this is the address

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/R4P8

Friends and family can see the live location with another link I provided to them.
It only starts tomorrow so if you click before that you get an error.

I liked the system as it was before but thats gone

If anyone from Fl rides to this meeting we can rendez-vou in Midway Fl where will stop for first night
No more lanyard camera for me as it makes picture posting too complicated. I will reach for my phone for that picture that is worth 1000 words.
G'nite

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,130 Posts
IF,
you uploaded the pictures into the Gallery, or into the Post, it should still be here.

IF,
you used TapaTalk and it just linked to a picture, all bets are off.

Personally, IMO, TapaTalk is useless.
I use Android Firefox, it works and looks exactly like the PC version does.

I highly suggest you dump TapaTalk.
I threw it away years ago, tried again last year, and it is still broken.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,130 Posts
Yeah
I got an email that SPOT has changed up their website

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
Had an easy ride with no rain. Temperatures went from 81 F for a good part of the trip up to 88f. Not too bad. My jacket vents really well
We took the shortest distance which involves highway and local roads Very light traffic.
But only rode like 260 miles.
Tomorrow will have to make up the difference

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
In Tupelo MS after about 430 mile.weather was great and we only had no more
than 15 20 min of cumulative light rain
Rt 82, 13 were fun riding with very light traffic. Even 78 which starts in NJ was nice Only a bit over 300 miles left.

341 - 360 of 376 Posts