Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
381 - 400 of 439 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
I will closely watch the weather. We dont want to scare our friends with harsh conditions. Most likely we'll go the southern route first as we can cut out Eureka Springs and/or Branson as needed if we fall behind in schedule.
I really hope to make the Million Dollar Highway or I have to go back for the third time
I would like the heat in the South to diminish in two weeks.
Low temperatures dont concern me, Snow and freezing water do

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
We will depart tomorrow towards Albuquerque
Wiil try to post comments and pics . Hope for a good safe ride
This link will help you keep an eye on our location and movement starting tomorrow.
John could you pls add it next to motorcycle type Im riding, so it could be seen by people who dont have a log in account.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,674 Posts
Will do Peter, if email is easier, send me pix and I will put them in the right place.
AZgl1800 at yahoo dot com

·
Administrator
61,674 Posts
at 9 PM CST, SPOT is not accessible from my home internet...
will try again later.
Have a safe ride, nice weather so far it seems.

·
Administrator
61,674 Posts
Refresh browser John
their DNS server is down, this has been a problem all over the web since yesterday morning.

I use T-Mobile for my Primary Internet, and I just now tried it from my Verizon Cellphone with the WiFi turned OFF, and using Verizon LTE for the internet.

Same issue still exists for me.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Brand

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
Left the hotel at 10 or so to avoid heavy rain. For the first hour or so we were riding on dry back country roads. Then it start sprinkling at time a bit more then others but never really heavy.Just the bikes got wet.
We rode about 360 miles or so, I was happy when we got to US80 and put some real distance behind us

·
Administrator
61,674 Posts
It's working for me.
It is a NETWORK issue people, has nothing to do with the web browser period.
PING a website and that proves it is NOT the Browser, it is the network.

I am now talking to T-Mobile's Network technician who is creating a Trouble Ticket to their Engineering Department.

I had this same identical problem when I was in Georgia last month, although that was a bit unique.
it got resolved on T-Mobile's side of things, and this will be also.

·
Administrator
61,674 Posts
Peter,
I notice that your SPOT dots are quite aways apart.
What Time Interval do you have your Subscription set for?

The other item of concern, is where is the SPOT located on the bike, and is the DOT facing to the sky and unimpeded by metal?
I had to place mine on top of my Duffel bag to get it to report "on time", other locations were very sporadic.

I used 10 minutes when I had mine Activated, I have it in Suspend Mode right now.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #398 ·
We are in Amarillo TX
Having a tough time finding hotels for Albuquerque.
The timing for transmission is
Ecoregion World Map Atlas Parallel
30 min John.
I can make it anything I want between 5 min (I think) and 30 min.
Less then 30 min there are too many boogers on the map

·
Administrator
61,674 Posts
30 minutes works just fine, I like to use the Message Button "I'm OKAY" at the end of day, that way you get a PinDrop on the map right where you stop, and not have to wait for the next 30 minute report.

when I was out by myself, I had the SPOT profile set up to email/SMS Text to my son and daughter so they would know where I was w/o having to search the web looking for the map.

381 - 400 of 439 Posts