Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

If anybody is intrested in a trip to France to the celtic wing ding in Brittany and then on to the French treffen at the end of april /start of may ,you should be thinking about booking your ferry crossing now ,,

The irish ferries leaves roslare onThurs 28th april to Roscoff and the return is mon the 9th may irish ferries Cherbourg to roslare .

I have made enquiries about the brittany ferry from Cork to Roscoff ,but it arrives in on a sunday which is too late for both events ..

The cost of irish ferries return trip for a bike and 2 passengers is roughly around 390 euro ,depending on what type of cabin you choose ,,There are a few of us in the Leinster region going and if anybody wants to join us you are more than welcome ,,As soon as more info is available from the French I will let you all know,,The general idea is to go to brittany (venue not yet confirmed) for the first weekend and then everybody (french /irish /scottish/welsh and any other celtic nation that is represented there to travel together down to the French treffen,,This should be great craic ,,As I say I am waiting for more info from the French ,,but even if the celtic wing ding doesnt go ahead we will still have a great holiday in France ,,,watch the notice board for more info ..but dont forget ,,dont leave it too late to book the boat ,,cheers ,,Ciaran Meyler .leinster rep.. goldwing owners club of Ireland

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

ciaran,

I am definitely interested in going. Keep me in the picture as I may miss this board from time to time due to my shift work.
See you Sunday hopefully.

Steve18

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi all ,,The French rep has been on and he needs to know numbers soon ,,so if you are thinking of going can you let me know ...cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Ciaran,

Any details on the two treffens? Where? Accommodation? I don't expect to be able to camp if my other half comes along, any pointers, as I haven't done this sort of stuff in 25 years or so...

Steve18

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi Steve ,,the French are working on it at the moment ,but there will be accomodation available on the site in chalets or mobile homes ,,as soon as I hear something from them I will let you know ,,,cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

,Here is a copy of an email I got from FRED the french rep ,,concerning the trip ,,get in contact if you are going ,,cheers Ciaran

Hiya

We have got a proposal from VVF (village vacances familiales = family holidays village) in Guidel, close to Lorient, on the southwest coast.

For 3 days and 2 nights :

Accomodation. Double room with sanitary installation. House keeping before arrival and after leaving is done, linen provided (sheets, towels, etc.)

Food and beverage. diner on days 1 and 2, breakfast on days 2 and 3. Free wine.

The price is 95 euros per head. Please let me know ASAP if that sounds good to you, as we have to confirm the reservation in the following days.

If you don't agree with this price, we will have to fall back on plan B: the camping, the cheapest.

Looking forward to reading you soon,

kenavo,

FRED

Frederic Salaün
FGWCF Interrep

[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Ciaran,

I've just seen this and will be in contact soon as I get things sorted at work!!!

Steve18

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

This trip is approaching fast ,,so get you act together lads if you want to come ,,,cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

DONT SAY YOU WERE NOT WARNED ,,,THE RETURN BOAT FROM Cherbourg is completly booked out for the 9th ,,If anybody is thinking of returning VIA the UK can you let me know as there are one or two who will travel with you ,,cheers Ciaran

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.