Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We just got back from a trip down through the north east part of California, across Nevada and winding back home through Idaho. Attached is the map and a link to a slideshow with 76 pictures.

SLIDESHOW

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Fab set of pictures lovely scenery and Bella looks happy also

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Looks like a great ride, nice pictures. Wish there were more of the dog, I love dogs who love to ride.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Looks like a great ride, nice pictures. Wish there were more of the dog, I love dogs who love to ride.
There was a lot a pictures taken of that little dog, but by other people. We had people clicking her going down the road and at almost every stop we made. She brought a smile to many faces with her head sticking out of her kennel. We had one guy chase us though a parking lot, at a dead run, until we stopped to let him snap some shots. When we went over Sonora there was a group of about fifteen rocket riders pass us. As we came up to a pull off, where they were, many were a waiting with camera in hand to catch a photo of the little dog. Hey, she's famous!

She likes the ride most of time, but loves the camping destinations.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Great Pic's. looks like a great trip. we are planning on next summers trip to yellowstone, glacier, and yositime. these pics just add more anticipation

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Excellant trip ... beautiful pics ... nice job!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Those pictures make me want to take the trip, and find a way to bring the dog.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Nice job on the photos, Chad. :cooler:

I was planning on doing Yosemite and thewestern side of the Sierra Crestafter the Mosquito Roundup, but with the extreme heat we've experienced this summer and my exit point out of the Sierra Crestthrough Bakersfield/Barstow and on into AZ, I decided a northerly route from Diamond Lake would have been the cooler option.

Just means I'll return, probably in the spring of 2013, to catch up on 'unfinished business' in CA

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Nice pictures of some pretty country.

Your dog looks like it enjoyed the trip as well.:ROFL:

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
imported post

Definitely at the top of my list of things to do. Trips like that are my reason for wanting a Wing. Thanks for the incredible pictures.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Nice job on the photos, Chad. :cooler:

I was planning on doing Yosemite and thewestern side of the Sierra Crestafter the Mosquito Roundup, but with the extreme heat we've experienced this summer and my exit point out of the Sierra Crestthrough Bakersfield/Barstow and on into AZ, I decided a northerly route from Diamond Lake would have been the cooler option.
As you can see by our route we stayed north of the desert near Barstow. We had great weather and temps except some rain in Jackpot Nevada while camping.

BTW…thanks for the inspiration to get me on US 50. I really enjoyed the loneliest road, but I’m sure it deserves the name. Not what I expected! Loved all those passes and Austin and Eureka are cool.

Thanks everybody but as far as the pictures go…the only thing I did is buy the camera. Anna took the pictures from the back seat. I did edit out some tourists and loaded them on to Photobucket.

Hey Jaxn, Photobucket is on line, free and once you are set up, download pics to a album the slideshow is done. You can change slideshow themes but I’ve never messed with it.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

Great write up Pete. The wife & I rode Hiway 120 into Yosemite two weeks ago. We spent three days criss-crossing the park, taking in the scenery. One word describes Yosemite, SPECTACULAR. I'm a California native & have never been to Yosemite before this trip. We are already making plans for a week long stay next summer. For those interested heres a link we found helpful.
http://yosemitefun.com/images/yosemite_park.htm

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Great pics Pete.
My wife and I are moving back to Sonora within a few months. Just packing and readying the house to sell before we leave.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

That part of the country is so nice that pictures do not even begin to capture all of the beauty that can be seen with the eye. Very nice shots.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the very well done presentation Pete. Now I know what I missed on the way to NASSIR this summer.
Ned

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Don't know what I'm doing wrong????:stumped::stumped::stumped:

When I click on slideshow all I get is a blank screen:(

I hate computers:whip:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
Don't know what I'm doing wrong????:stumped::stumped::stumped:

When I click on slideshow all I get is a blank screen:(

I hate computers:whip:

See if you can bring up PhotoBucket
http://photobucket.com/

You may have to download a program upgrade.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Longboater wrote:
Thanks for the very well done presentation Pete. Now I know what I missed on the way to NASSIR this summer.
Ned

Impossible to see everything in one trip, Ned! :laughing:

Just another reason for a road trip to that area in the future! ...... I know I still have 'unfinished business' in that area of the state/country. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.