Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is my first time posting something on here so I don't know how well this will work but here goes:

I have a 1982 Honda Goldwing Interstate that I picked up a few months ago. It takes off with a knocking sound so I did some research and it seemed everyone was was saying to synch the carbs. I bought a hundred dollar unit with mercury in it...finally figured out how to use it and went to do it. I got all the ports hooked up and the meter read near the same for three of the four. The fourth one was maxed out the whole time. I didn't know what to do so I just synched the other three. It idles fine but the take-off is still a bit rough.

Any tips?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

The throttle plate on that carburetor is closed and you need to adjust the linkage so that it's open as much as the others.

·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
imported post

Which one is reading high?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
imported post

I had the same issue after a rebuild of the carbs. My number one carb was off the charts. The screw in the attached picture needed to be adjusted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
imported post

I think you will find that the choke butterfly is stuck.They are not positively controlled. They are spring loaded so one ore more of them can be stuck independent of the others.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum !!!!

Not much on 1100, but a bunch here will be.

Good luck Jim

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.