Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi happy st.patty's day. i just spent 5 hour's trying to syn my carb's on gl1100 . fluid keep's shooting up out of site, can't see to balance at all. any idea's on what would cause this . they just won't balance.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

i'm using a new sync pro from sync master. all4 i guess
i get one to lower down and number 3 shoot's up and 1 &4
they are all out of wack

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Sounds like your idle is going up too much during the process.

On the 1100's No. 3 is the base line carb, so you adjust No.1 to No.3 first, then use the center adjuster on the left side to balance No. 2 and No. 4 together, last use the adjuster on the right side of No.4 to balance the left side carbs with the right side carbs.

http://www.randakks.com/TechTip44.htm

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thank's this makes sense. now i have to wait till tomorrow night to see if this will work

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Make sure your idle is down around 1000. Does your needle flutter like crazy? If it does, you must lightly squeeze the vacuum line just a lil to smooth out the needle so you can get a good reading.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

If you have the new blue-fluid syncpro, do you have the restrictors installed in the vacuum lines?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
If you have the new blue-fluid syncpro, do you have the restrictors installed in the vacuum lines?
That was going to be my question.. Missing Restrictors..:rollingeyes:

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

needle does flutter, will try squezzing the line.
idle is right 1000 rpm, but fluid shoot's high, have to shut off bike or it will get sucked into the motor.

hatchetman wrote:
Make sure your idle is down around 1000. Does your needle flutter like crazy? If it does, you must lightly squeeze the vacuum line just a lil to smooth out the needle so you can get a good reading.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I use a set of vacuum gauges sold by J C Whitney and the restritors are actual valves that can be adjusted to smooth out the bounce of the needles. Will your restritors close all the way? Are they adjustable?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I hate a fluid gauge, best place for them is the nearest landfill. You will have to install adjustable valve on each line or change the medium of the fluid so it is not so sensitive . Even if you have the lines restricted properly and pull one off the engine will suck the fluid out of the gauge before you can blink your eyes, leave one hooked up and pull one and away goes the fluid.

Old technology, time for new .

The Carb Tune works well for the smaller wings (will not work in the 1500)

The best all around is a set of simple vacuum gauges.

Kit

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

hi again. i agree but to late i already have it bought.
i got all the kink's worked out but a small problem.
i loss some fluid from the sync. is there an another fluid i can use to fill the snyc pro with? is tranny fluid a good alternitive?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I made a manometer for my Motoguzzi using Marvel Magic Mystery oil.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,727 Posts
imported post

Any light oil would do fine, say sewing machine oil. Etc...

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I loaned mine to a friend - and soon after had to buy a bottle of the fluid.

If you buy the "right stuff" buy two while you're at it.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

tranny fluid it is just filled it. not going to china to buy blue fluid :) the book said hook it up to number 1 to set the sync pro. that incorrect it has to be set to numer 3 that is why it was shooting up all the time after i set to number 3 carb it set perfect and , almost completed the sync.

thank's again for your help everyone.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

The gauge is designed so that it works on most bikes. Manufacture doesn't know what your going to use it on, plus the translation to English usually leaves something out. Just happens the goldwing's #3 carb is the fixed one.

Other bikes may be different although my xj650 also balanced everything to the # 3 carb.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.