Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:gunhead: I just completed my clutch rebuild tonight.Since I decided to do this with the engine in the frame, I spent several evenings in the garage flat on my back with my trusty troublelight laying next to me. Neverhave Iwished so much to have smaller hands. Anyway, Imade sure the bike was in neutral and started her up. I pulled in the clutch, so far so good, then put the bike into first gear (on the centerstand of course). Crash, boom,crunch then semi-darkness. I had left the troublelight on the garage floor under the bike, just in front of the rear tire. The rear tire caught it, ground it up and spit it out into about 12 pieces. Guess I'll be buying a new troublelight this weekend. :crying:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Don't feel bad I go through at least 3-4 a year, The damn things are nice, but they never stay were you want them, just when you get them in to place right were you want it, it'll stay for about 5 sec, and then it's crashing to the floor, Or my wife likes to run them over, But according to her thats my fault.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

ah what fun is that, Try to see how far you can launch the light with the back tire, I bet you get some good distance

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Hi manatee. I´d say the sounds of crunching torch made your heart skip a beat. How did you manage to change the clutch out with the engine in the frame? I always thought there was no space for this.
Did you unbolt the engine mountings and pull the engine forward a bit first? Also, looking back, do you think it might have been quicker to pull the engine out altogether?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Well, I can say that in this case patience is certainly a virtue. I was able to get everything out of the frame except the clutch center. All you need is a few more millimeters between the clutch housing and the centerstand, but it's just not possible to squeeze it by. So I layed the clutch center on it's back on top of the centerstand and the exhaust crossover inside the frame. Then I was able to remove all the friction plates and clutch plates, etc. and likewise rebulid it. After a while it kind of reminded me of one of those puzzles you find in the dentist's waiting room. You know, like the interlocking horseshoes. I suppose I could have pulled the engine or removed the rear wheel, but where's the challange in that? :cheeky1:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey manatee :waving: If you were a "Guru" that would not have happened. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.