Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

I run my progressives with no air and I can ride single or with my daughter like that. If my wife rides with me, it takes about 10 lbs of air. I do not know for sure, but have heard on this board that progressive offers three spring sets for these shocks. You may want to talk with progressive to be sure which springs you have.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

the Progressives will nearly toss meoff the seat on a sharp dip or bump.
Nick, this description sounds like there is no rebound dampning at all. If this is the case, then there is an internal problem that Progressive should fix. It is not unusual for there to be a difference of oppinion on shocks or any thing else and you should always go with your own feelings as you are the one that must be pleased. It is just that the only detrimental thing I have ever heard about the 416 shocks is that they ride stiff in comparison to the stock units. Good luck and let us know what you find out from Progressive.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Dadoo, the Progressive 416's are only adjustable by the amount of air you put in them. Riding solo, I use no air, with my wife and riding around town, I will add 10 - 15 lbs. When we pack up to go to Ruidoso in a few weeks I will probably use up to 50 - 60 lbs for the travel load. As has been mentioned here, there are three spring rates available, talk with Progressive to determine the right one for you. I understand Nick's delimma but have never heard anyone have the problem he describes.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Randy, you just found out why you should always buy the best to begin with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.