Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I know a few people who didn't like the Progressives (on the GL1500) and went back to stock springs. Most people seem very happy with them, but I guess everyone won't like them.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

Hey NeedleNick. I know you don't want hear this, but.... I put a pair of 416's on My 81 GL 1100 and love them. It stopped the front end wobbles I was experiencing, which doesn't make sense to me but I like them just fine.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'll vouch for the Progressives, got them in the forks and have a pair of 416s on the rear. Makes for a nice handling 1500.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

henrybo12 wrote:
Hey NeedleNick. I know you don't want hear this, but.... I put a pair of 416's on My 81 GL 1100 and love them. It stopped the front end wobbles I was experiencing, which doesn't make sense to me but I like them just fine.
I did the same on my 81, and now I don't bottom out on every bump or dip. Best investment I've made on this bike.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've got an air shock and spring shock from my 1500 that I am contemplating putting on the 1100 to see how it compares to the dual air shocks on it now. Once I get it running I'll give it a try.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.