Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Now that she's running :clapper:my next project is to get the on board suspension system operational. And again I am calling on my friends here for their assistance. What should I look for and are there any common and/or frequent issues with the system that might point me in the right direction. The online Clymer manual has been a Godsend but I still would appreciate some guidance on where to start with my troubleshooting.

Thanks!

One more question....can the air shocks be adjusted manually while I get the suspension system operational?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

On my 82 Aspencade there is a manual fill valve located by the compressor in the false shelter I just use shop compressor to build pressure, then use control buttons on shelter door to adjust shocks.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks main....are there any specs as to what the optimum psi is for the shocks?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

I can't pull it from the top of my head right now but it will be in the manual.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

Hello,

the most common problem, is the dessicant breaking down, and letting moisture build up in the lines.

it usually shows up, when you notice air is bleeding between, the front and rear shocks.

the compressor, and desiccant holder, is situated under the right glove compartment, above the increase and decrease buttons, it is really fiddly to get out, the manual will show how it get it out and how to renew the dessicant.

Once out, use compressed air and blow all the moisture from the lines before reinstalling.

front shocks are 0 to 6lbs and the rear shocks, start and a minimum of 28lbs for a single rider.

good luck,

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the starting point Robbie & main. I already have Clymer on the computer and it's a Godsend, although the images are a little ambiguous at times. I'll work it out or be back with more questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.