Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My friend, who just happens to be the previousowner of my wing, called me

today while working on his brother-in-laws trailer. He tells metheir working on the

trailer so they can go to Daytona Bike Week. I told him that now he is a true Harley

rider, trailering yourmotorcycle to the motorcycleweekend instead of riding it.

No wonder there were such low miles on my wing.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Go easy now but I am also guilty this year:gunhead:

For the first time ever I will be trailering my bike to a place to ride. I would ride down but the Wife and both dogs are just not gonna fit so I am taking the truck trailer and wing to Orlando to spend some time with M & D and a day or 2 at Daytona.

In the past I have always been one of the harshest critics of folks that trailer their bikes. :blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:

As they say "Stuff" happens. :cool:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,153 Posts
imported post

Don't often trailer a bike. But 3 years ago, I wanted to go to a family reunion about 1200 miles away. Getting the wife there along with two big dogs on the wing didn't appear to be a logical thing to try and do.

So, I pulled a trailer. Family reunions with non-bike riders, should have left it home. Only got to ride it once with my dear auntie on pillion. She's a died in the wool Harley Classic owner though, and said the rest of them just didn't "understand what's it about." :cheeky1:

She's only 76 and still riding.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Well Mom & Dad ride every day down there on their 1800. Come May they fly Home to Buffalo and they have a 1500 there that they ride as often as they can. The Wife's Best friend is also a rider with her Boyfriend and she lives about an hour from M& D so there should belots of riding I hope.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

Yes I have a tee shirt from last years bike week that says (I RODE MY BIKE TO TRAILER WEEK IN DAyTONA BEACH) LOL:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::clapper::clapper::clapper::D:D:D:DHave almost worn it out may have to get another this year.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

It has been in the low 20's for the last 4 nights here, it was 21 when I got up this morning. At 5 am tomorrow I will be in the nice warm cab of my truck with the bike on a trailer. I have ridden in those temps in the past but pushing 50 years old now and I have no need to punish myself like that. But I will keep my eyes open for that T Shirt:D:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.