Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Went to get something out of the bag the other day, I reached under the trunk to lift / pull the lever and something sounded like it popped or snaped and now I cannot get inside either bag or the trunk. Anyone know where I should start looking first. I am sure it's just one of the cables. Maybe take off the lower trim piece under the trunk and start there?????

Not sure, need help.. I have it for sale and need to get it fixed ASAP.

Randy

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Look inside your trunk on the side of the offending saddlebag. Roughly 3/4 of the way towards the front of the trunk you will see a fairly large diameter rubber 'filler plug' on the bottom of the trunk.

Remove that and you will see a 'plunger' that you push down on to open the offending saddlebag.

I did some scrounging around and found some photos to help you ....

this is the 'filler plug' location

and this is the 'plunger', beneath the filler plug, that will open the saddlebag. ....

\

Once you get the saddlebags open, you can then check out the cable by removing it from the saddlebag

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

He'll have to get a wire coat hanger and hook it up underneath the panel where the latches are and hook onto the latch bar and pull down to open the trunk.

It's described HERE

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

You should be able to get the saddlebags open once you remove the lower trunk cover. Unhook the cables and pull on them and the saddlebags will open.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
imported post

On my 96 aspy if you put your key in the trunk and turn it to the left (counter clockwise) it should open your trunk. Hal

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

I had this problem and it drove me crazy. I had loosened the assembly inside the trunk and closed it and wasn't able to reopen it once it latched. If you remove the bottom cover, you can squeeze your hand inside and trigger the mechanism that unlatches it. It took me twenty one tries but once I figured it out, I was able to do it repeatedly. Then I tightened it back up and I was back in business.

Also, you should be able to get your hand in between the trunk and either saddlebag to push down the lever to pop the bags open. You don't need to go through the trunk. Just feel around for them. Or very carefully use a long screwdriver and probe around until you've touched it. Then place the screwdriver on top of the push button lever, push down and pop goes the weasels. If you still can't get it, PM me for my phone number and I will try to talk you through it.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Let me add that when I tried to use my key, it would turn but wouldn't release the latch. So I had to use my method.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.