Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can someone tell me how to remove the trunk and saddle bags as a unit without taking them apart one by one. I have a 1993 gl1500 SE.

Again this form is the best

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi fooyun you can also just tip the bags and trunk up if you want to get to the rear wheel ect or remove them as one unit in the bottom of each saddle bag at the front is a rubber plug that has a bolt in each crashbar just loosen these remove the seat and you will see where the frame that holds the bags ect is hinged onto the bike chassie to tilt up just loosen to remove take the bolts out if tilt grab the bottom of the bags at the rear and lift may be a bit tight and make sure you tie the trunk to the handle bars so it will not come back down on you to remove you will need a helper to lift them off if this option there is a few electrical connectors you will have to disconect at the hinged joint one more thing you have to take out the muffler top bolts

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

There are also the2 bolts below the saddlebags,that attach to the top of the mufflers.

I can handle removing the bags/trunk as one piece by myself, but it requires 2 to reinstall, as you can't see where to slide the unit into from the rear, while holding them.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

ThanksagnogelI am a new wing owner and this form and all of you guys are a very big help. I had a 1982 1100 many years ago and now my sons had bought bikes and want to take a trip with dad and at being the big 60 this might be the time to do this. I bought this 1993 GL1500 SE and I could not pass it up. It has 26800 Miles and is loaded. The picture should say it all. I just want to get up to date on all the info i need to maintain this bike. So I might be asking a lot of questions.

Again thanks for your help

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

ask away if you intend to do most of the matainance if would be worth to get a service manual you get it at cyclemax cheap enough it can be hard some times to discribe problems where in the book you have photos alsohttp://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/2735safe rideing

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you but i down loaded a 761 page service manual from the internet and it has everything you need for removal and install. Except the rmoval of the trunk and side bags as a unit. so thanks for your info i will try this.:clapper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.