Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking for a friend . . . Heh, heh, heh . . . But, he has a 2008 Wing that is showing that his trunk lid is open, on the display screen; but seems to be fully latched mechanically. Is there a micro-switch or some such device that is easy to get to, to jiggle, wiggle, or replace?

Oh, BTW, I hope everyone has a Happy New Year, and many miles of safe, fun riding!

·
Pwhoever
3,378 Posts
There are 2 possible solutions. One is that the latches on the lid have been slightly moved out of place. Easiest way to check this is to loosen the screws slightly, pull the latches fully out, then tighten and close the lid. The notification should be gone. Be careful not to tighten too tight as it is possible to strip out and break the trunk lid where the screws go.

If this doesn't work, there is a more drastic measure. IIRC, it is to get to the closing mechanism on the inside left of trunk while facing forward and disconnect a wire inside the closing mechanism. I would need to search a bit to find further info.

Try adjusting the latches first and see how it goes. This happens after repeatedly slamming trunk lid down. If the adjustment works, from now on, don't slam the trunk down, just let it drop and close on its own. Believe it or not, this is sufficient to get the lid to close and latch...

·
Pwhoever
3,378 Posts
Okay, I did find a thread that discusses wire color that would need to be disconnected, however, the photos showing the mechanism are no longer there. So not a great help but does point you in the right direction. I actually did this (the hard way) on my 07 before finding other threads about simply checking and adjusting the latches. I never bothered to reconnect it because it was a bear to get to. Everything still works such as remote unlocking as well as open trunk notification when trunk is actually open so I just left the wire disconnected.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,008 Posts
If you can find the pictures and send them to me, I will edit the thread and put the pictures in each post

·
Pwhoever
3,378 Posts
Unfortunately, I didn't post the info and now missing photos in the link I put up and I also didn't think to take photos when I did mine. But... I did find a decent YouTube video showing the adjusting of the striker latches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts