Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:(This subject has most likely been discussed before.
This morning opened the trunk lid to find it had been rubbing in several places,and in one spot it has rubbed the paint away totaly,and the bike has only done 150 miles.I have had to use electrical insulation tape as a temporary fix to stop the paint from geting any worse in all the spots it as been rubbing. Any ideas on a permanent fix?.This should'nt happen to a £19.000 bike,rather cheesed off.:(

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

This is a relatively well known problem with the 18's. I do believe there is a fix, that Wingnut has detailed somewhere, maybe in the tips section, I will see if I can find the article for you.......

found it..... under workshop section.....

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1800trunklidfix.htm

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Same thing on my brand new 1800!!! The fix? The little clear stoppers that you get with a cabinet from Ikea or similar that stops them slamming quite so violently! You can buy them at any decent hardware store and a few of these guys dotted around the area where the rubbing is occurring fixes the problem! The smaller, the better, I found. Hope this helps someone out there!!

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

There are a lot of ways to stop them rubbing. The rubber hose insert that Silverfox linked to, stoppers etc. I think you can now buy purpose made stoppers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.