Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i just bouhgt my first goldwing and i love it, but can't get the trunk lids open. the previous owner had the center box open and showed me the emergency openers for the sides but now i can't get the center box open. it seems to be hung up on one side. help

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

on the 15s you can open the lid by turning the key fully one way, or leave it in the unlock position and use the lower centre lever. If it is jammed try pressing down on the lid while operating the lever or key, hope this helps

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

I agree with Derekhendry while pulling the lever press down on the side that you think is jamming this works on mine.

Good luck

Terry

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks for the help. we ahve tried pushing down on the one side but with no luck. is there any other way to get the lid off?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

the old thread was good info but still no luck. i know what i am trying to do but cant quite connect. idea 2 to drill a hole is good but how do i get the seat back off without doing permanet damage? and one last question for now has anyone come up with a better idea for latching the lids? or is there an aftermarket alternative to the boxes?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The seat back would be difficult to remove because the access to the screws is inside the trunk. If you remove the seat bottom you can get at enough of the trunk's forward wall to cut a hole. Before doing anything like that have you tried to remove the U shaped lower cover from the underneath of the trunk to get access to the latch mechanisms? Problems with the trunk and saddlebag latches are rare on the 1500 so there's really no point in trying to replace them. Once you get yours repaired there shouldn't be further problems with the latches.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I would try and avoid drilling a hole in the truck, since it would need to be fairly large to give access enough for getting your hand and lower arm through enough. If you have tried, even with the lower cover removed, still unsuccessfully, how about taking the bike to a locksmith and seeing if he/she can get it open for you, without damage.
The tour boxes are VERY expensive to replace!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.