Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am about to get my 86 Aspy on the road after doing alot of work and as I was checking all my lights I noticed that the lights in my trunk were not working. After looking into it I saw thatthe POhad actually cut all the wires from the lights. No idea why they they do that. Even the side lights on the trunk were all cut. I am trying to get it all wired and need to know what goes where. I have the 2 brake/tail lights that have a brown, green/yellow and green wires coming from them. Then I have 2 other bulbs on each side of them that have a brown wire coming from them that I assume are blinkers and then there are 2 more bulb on the right and left sides of the bar that have a green wire coming from it that I assume are running lights. Any help on wiring would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

This for an after 84 Aspencade, but actually just 85 but it should be pretty well the same on the 86.

The upper two are the trunk.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
imported post

The bulbs that only have 1 wire going to them will not work anyway so they don't matter. As for the others, brown is always tail light, green/yellow is brake light and green is ground.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

The reason the wires are cut, is that it's usually an anger-response after the trunk light switch and the lip that turns it off become mis-aligned.

The result is one dead battery, one angry/stranded owner, and clipped wires.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks. So what are the 2 end lights? They are long bullet-like bulbs. Look like fuses. They have 1 wire coming from one end and the other end is grounded. Trying to splice them all back to the 6 pin connector

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.