Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While on a Ride in Florida, our rear trunk latch lock became seized and would not open. We had to pry the latching device up and over to get the trunk open.

I took the lock to a locksmith and he said the cylinder was shot. I contacted Whitey ( Karl) and he advised any Goldwing-Aspencade/LTD cylinder would work. I ordered 2 from him and they were delivered. I have tried to insert my 85 LTD Key into the cylinder. It will not enter it. My Goldwing key is the original with the GL1200 symbol on it. The number on the key is C74.

Any ideas/ help?

Thanks Bob

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

get a matching cylinder?

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
While on a Ride in Florida, our rear trunk latch lock became seized and would not open. We had to pry the latching device up and over to get the trunk open.

I took the lock to a locksmith and he said the cylinder was shot. I contacted Whitey ( Karl) and he advised any Goldwing-Aspencade/LTD cylinder would work. I ordered 2 from him and they were delivered. I have tried to insert my 85 LTD Key into the cylinder. It will not enter it. My Goldwing key is the original with the GL1200 symbol on it. The number on the key is C74.

Any ideas/ help?

Thanks Bob
try this thread

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/63906.html

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks..PM sent to the Guru.

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
imported post

Pm sent

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Well after 2 days of complete frustration and thanks to koxx4 our lock Guru, it is figured out.

The locks Whitey ( Karl) (Whiteys Classic Wings) sent were not for my bike. This has been verified by a Local licensed Locksmith. Whitey advised me any Aspencade or LTD tumbler would work..NOT SO!!!!!!!!! So it is Tape time for my lock and trunk until I return to Canada and go scouting the Honda Wrecking yard in Kitchener Ontario.

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
imported post

Sorry I couldn't provide better news :(at least you know where you stand now. Those locks maybe of use to another member once you have got the key number off them.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I thank you so much for your help. As stated..I found a local locksmith and he verified what you had indicated regarding the locks. Your assistance is much appreciated.

I just had my trunk lid professionally repaired ( crack right corner)and repainted here in Florida, thus I was not about to ride around with 1 lock on the trunk just to have the same problem again with the crack. It is sealed safe and sound now only to be opened when I get back home and search through some wrecks for a lock that matches.

Again Thank you so much

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.