Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, anyone run into this problem? My key fob/controller won't open my trunk anymore?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Have you replaced the battery in the fob yet? Might be time to.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Your trunk controller should be in the trunk lid seen after removing the inside cover. Make sure all is plugged in. My wing is a 2005 and have not changed the battery in the key fob yet, but that would be the cheapest and easiest thing to try first.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I was having trouble with mine (2009) so I took it apart and here is what I found... The mylar substrate (membrane) that is actually the push switch had moved off the PC board a bit for some unknown reason... I carefully repositioned it with a small tweezer and it works just fine now... If the new battery doesn't take care of it, you may want to check that switch substrate...

Les

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I was having trouble with mine (2009) so I took it apart and here is what I found... The mylar substrate (membrane) that is actually the push switch had moved off the PC board a bit for some unknown reason... I carefully repositioned it with a small tweezer and it works just fine now... If the new battery doesn't take care of it, you may want to check that switch substrate...

Les
Is that in the fob or the trunk unit Les?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
In the fob Stu... When I started having problems, the detent didn't feel right when I depressed the button so I opened it up to see what was going on...

Les

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys but I miswrote the issue. It's the side bags that will not open, the trunk opens just fine???!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.