Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a 2000 GL1500SE and was wondering if there were any kits available to move the trunk back 2-3". I'm a weee bit on the chunky side as well as my wife. The extra room would definitely make it a whole lot more comfortable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trunk Relocator Kit

Sam Thanks for the info. I used to ride a 2001 HD FLHT and the tour pak was moved back 2" on it. It made a huge difference. I have a friend that works at a hdwe. store and is real handy with fab work. I'll fire up the grill and we'll make it happen. Once again Thanks and keep the rubber side down:claps:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I can't helo you with the search for one for the 1500, but I will tell you this. I bought one for my 1200 and it was more that worth it. I was able to move seat the back and not be pushed back against Wendy.

If you make one, you won't regret it, just make it adjustable so you can find the right spot for you and your rider.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
No commercially available kit that I'm aware of but it can be done with this do it yourself information:

http://www.goldwingtech.info/1500TrunkSetBack.pdf

This is the same method I used on my 1500. I posted a tut on here back then but I had trouble locating it. It works well. It leaves a small gap where the seat meets the corider back rest but that's about the only complaint I had. I just used the space for storage for my bead seat covers when not in use. My wife liked the extra room. When I crashed the bike last summer, I added a custom trunk relocation kit plus installation to my claim. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.