Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
everyday member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I installed a used corbin seat on my 1100, wow, what a difference! Anyways, it came with the oversized backrest for the trunk and an adjustable back rest for the driver. Love it but the little women lost about 2 inches of gut space with the new setup. Time to relocate the trunk. Followed the instructions on the tech forum and two hours later (not including the paint drying over night), about twenty bucks worth of screws, paint, and metal,it was done. Slick as s^$#, it worked great. I added 2 3/4 inches of space. The wiff is real happy and that makes me happy. If you need the room, it's an easy fix and if you didn't know it was done, you really can't tell by looking at the bike.

Attachments

·
everyday member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Here's a shot of the seat. Lots of butt space and real comfortable so far. Did 180 miles on it last Saturday and was impressed.

Attachments

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
imported post

What did your new Corbin costyou?

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

I moved the one on our 1200 back 5" to give the Bride more room. I welded extensions on the frame as I figure if I traded it or sold it the new owner would like it that way. It is amazing how that little movement makes the bike look more tail heavy. Kind of like the Continental kits and cruiser skirts that used to be the have to item on cars back in the day.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
imported post

I only went about 2-1/2" on my 1200 and about 2-1/4" on my 1500 ...

... just to give her back theroom (*)she lost with my backrest.
Five inches ... :shock:... yeah, that would make the bike look more "tail heavy" maybe, but it also really puts a bike cover to the test. I know the little bit I added tightened the covers up alot.

*>>>(Honey, :readit: if you read this ....

.... note that I did notsay "butt space"! :))<<<

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,235 Posts
imported post

Very diplomatic.

·
everyday member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I paid 250 for the seat. I have been looking for a replacement for awhile. Was almost ready to rebuild with a saddleman kit but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. The reviews on the saddleman is really mixed so I decided not to go that route. A new corbin for the 1100 with a passenger back rest is about 675 new and that's more than half of what I paid for the bike. One just went for 270 on ebay. That's not bad either. Hard to find used ones. I found mine at a motorcycle scrape yard in Green Bay, WI. Just happened to call and they had one. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
imported post

justayooper wrote:
I paid 250 for the seat. ... etc ... I found mine at a motorcycle scrape yard in Green Bay, WI. Just happened to call and they had one. Go figure.

Lucky dog! We love ours on the 1200, sure you will as well. :thumbsup:

rpeters549 wrote:
Very diplomatic.
I do try. :kissing:

·
everyday member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

It sure does peterbilt. Us old guys just don't have the patting we used to have. It all went to the belly. I was told when I got the seat that it wasn't adjustable forward or backwards. That's because it's so much larger than stock that the trunk sat right against the back of the seat. By adding the 2 1/4 incheson the trunk relocation, it now will adjust like a stock seat. Now to find a good deal on a sheepskin, and i'll be in heaven.:)

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
imported post

awingandaprayer wrote:
justayooper wrote:
... it now will adjust like a stock seat...
What? The stock seat adjusts? Please do tell!:?
Sorry awingandaprayer they don't adjust on our 1500's on my 1100's they were adjustable to some extent.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Good job, and nice looking seat :claps:

·
everyday member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

The 1100 have an adjustment slot were the seat bolts are. You can move it about 2 inches forward or back. It's a small adjustment but it's suprising how much of a difference it can make.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.