Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
imported post

Jaru93 wrote:
Hi everyone. This is mu first post. I would agree that it would be great if the remote opened the side bags also. Has anyone had the latch malfunction?
Yes , I have had the latch malfunction and after taking it to the dealer a few times and it woul dbrake again a couple days later. if you search the forums here you can find some fixes for it. Or you can click on my Frappr link below my signature to find pictures and descriptionon how to fix it.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Jaru93 wrote:
Hi everyone. This is mu first post. I would agree that it would be great if the remote opened the side bags also. Has anyone had the latch malfunction?
Howdy Jaru93 :waving: [shadow=red]You are Very Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum.[/shadow] :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Good to see that you ride The Fastest Colour :18red:

Our "Top Poster" hangs out in your neck of the woods :action:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Administrator
25,535 Posts
imported post

Do you guys have any idea how much one of those keys with the remote built in costs? About $85 for a car and I'm sure it would be twice that for a bike.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
Do you guys have any idea how much one of those keys with the remote built in costs? About $85 for a car and I'm sure it would be twice that for a bike.
Hey Dave, I had to buy one for my 1800 as I bought it used and there was no remote or extra key. Believe it or not, the remote was about $76 which surprised me as I was expecting to be brutaly violated! :shock:

But then the reality set in............$30 to program it.

The more shocking event was after that..........the spare key for the 1800!!! You can't use anything but the Honda Goldwing blank and it was around $30 by itself!!!:doh: (It must have had GOLD in the key...well, at least it said Goldwing!!) and the Honda dealerships around the area wouldn't cut the key because they didn't have the right key cutter to do it! I had to take the blank to a locksmith to have it done. "Ka-ching" the price kept adding up!!! That was another $10.

So long story short..........never, never lose a remote or keys!!!!

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
imported post

Jaru93 wrote:
Glad to have found this board. Thanks for you welcome and help so far.:dude:
Welcome Jaru93 from the State of Confusion........Kansas! :waving:

·
Administrator
25,535 Posts
imported post

None of the keys for Honda cars with the built in remote will fit the bikes. I think the remote will work, I have one at work I've been meaning to try to see if it will, if it programs the same way the cars do.
A HD98 blank will work in the locks but won't work the ignition because it won't go in far enough. I made a couple at work so I could keep one in my wallet in case I somehow locked the key in the trunk.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
I made a couple at work so I could keep one in my wallet in case I somehow locked the key in the trunk.
Smart Man Dave!! :clapper:

Why?? Because I've locked my keys in my trunk twice!!! Hence why I got a spare key! :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

joelhar wrote:
But it only seems to temporarily lock and unlock the trunk... true?
Honda program it the same way they program their cages.

When you unlock, you have to manually open something within a certain time frame or else it automatically relocks.

This is to prevent you from leaving it unlocked because you accidentally bumped the button. My wife's Odyssey relocks very quickly, less than a minute, the bike is a bit slower.

When you lock with the remote it stays locked until you unlock it with either key or remote.

As an aside, I enquired about an additional remote before we went away last year, I was quoted C$314 . The wife didn't get a remote.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

The wife thinks I'm a control freak because I haven't given her a key.:baffled:But for that kind of money I guess I'll keep taking her insults. I thought it was bad having to shell out $85 for a spare key for my truck, but that is just plain ridicules. Honda definately overcharges for a lot of items (aka cb & cd changer discussed elsewhere), but it's a small price (no pun intended) to pay for riding the greatest mile eater ever invented.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

How do you go about troubleshooting the remote or the central locking unit on the bike? My remote stopped locking and unlocking the bike so I replaced the battery. That didn't help. Where do I go next? Is there a central locking unit with some sort of backup battery located somewhere on the bike? Help?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Benc65753 wrote:
How do you go about troubleshooting the remote or the central locking unit on the bike? My remote stopped locking and unlocking the bike so I replaced the battery. That didn't help. Where do I go next? Is there a central locking unit with some sort of backup battery located somewhere on the bike? Help?
I would check fuses first.

The unit that unlocks the trunk is in the trunk lid.

Need to open the trunk lid and take screws out that hold the inside cover of the lid. The unit you are looking for is located there.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.