Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well, I have been wanting to move my trunk back to give my wife more room so I started this afternoon. After I built my brackets I found out thatmy helmet hangers were different on my bike. So , I am in the process of modifying my helmet hanger brackets. Tomorrow I will mount my trunk to the brackets. It is going ok and it will give her an xtra 1 1/2" .

Well, I put it all back together and it looks good,EXCEPT, now my top lights are not working. Top side lights and spoiler lights are not working. Turn signals are working. Anybody ideas? Need to reground?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

I did the same thing on my 1200 Trike. I noticed the center of gravity for the trunk shifted to the rear and made the trunk bounce and vibrate a little more than the stock set up. I ended up bracing the trunk with some angle iron from the inside, I was afraid of cracking the fiberglassin the bottom of the trunk if I left the trunk slid back from its stock possion. The 1500 might have a different set up than my 86 SE-i on trunk mount.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
imported post

i moved my trunk back 3 in on y 85 aspencade , i used a old set of refrig rollers ,they were ajustable , i used the wide halfs from each set , they made good solid braces for the trunk to set on , easy mod

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

DrifterTex wrote:
Well, I have been wanting to move my trunk back to give my wife more room so I started this afternoon. After I built my brackets I found out thatmy helmet hangers were different on my bike. So , I am in the process of modifying my helmet hanger brackets. Tomorrow I will mount my trunk to the brackets. It is going ok and it will give her an xtra 1 1/2" .
Pix? I'd like to do the same on mine. I installed a drivers backrest last weekend and my wife is a little cramped with where its comfortable for me. We'll either have to move the trunk back, or get rid of the backrest. I'd be interested in pix if you have some. Thansk in advance...

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I think Rudy was the one who gave me some plans he made, and I did mine, and it was perfect.:action: If it was someone else, I apologize, just can't remember for sure. I still have them somewhere.:gunhead: jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

I used the plans in the "How to Section" . It also has pics there. I have not taken any . I wanted to keep using my helmet locks so I did have to modify those brackets a little. I have all of the brackets on and ready to mount the trunk. I only moved it back 1 1/2 " . Some have moved it back 3". It is not really hard to do. The time consuming part is building the brackets and make sure they fit and line up with the bolt holes. Now to bolt it all down.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

My wife was happy with moving it 1 1/2". Gives her more room. Moving it back did leave a slightly larger gap between the seat and filler pad that came with the road sofa seat. I painted the area flat black, and that conceals the gap ok. Good luck with it. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Top lights are not working.

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Found a side bulb that I guess I out in wrong when it came out. Put it in right and all is working well. Have to try the trunk out this evening. Hope she likes it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.