Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Not tried them yet, but I like the idea of the Counteract beads which hold in place with static. I used Dyna Beads but each time I stop they fall to bottom as most beads will so the tire is out of ballance at low speeds till the beads spread again.

Those other static cling beads holding in place when I stop should keep the tires balanced all the time once spread out at higher speeds where they need to be.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CounterAct-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item337c6aed13&vxp=mtr

$15.75 for 12oz free shipping, I can weigh them myself and do 2 bikes for that price and still have a few extra.

Only reason I not tried them yet is I have to pull my wheels and break down the tires to get the Dyna Beads out.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Beads don't make a mess, people make a mess LOL

I removed and installed my tire with beads in it from one bike wheel to another, no problem with beads or the changing of the tire. The beads made no mess at all and were in there about 10K miles.

Now when I dropped the tire and it bounced hard, then I made a mess! LOL
My fault not the beads fault, I forgot about the beads and flopped the tire off to the side spilling out about half my beads to the shop floor.
I had pulled off that tire fine and not spilled any at all, then I was going to mount a used tire I had on hand as a spare to that wheel.
I also did not spill any when mounting the tire on the new second wheel.

I keep reading people talking about cutting tires off wheels, or now cutting a big hole in them.
Personally I like to keep the old tire around for a spare just in case I need it someday. 2X now I have needed an old tire I had taken off, so doing it right and still having the old spare has worked well for me.
But then I change my own tires and don't take anything to shop.

Would have been a 3rd time an old spare would have been good to have had also, but it was bald when I bought 1100 so was not usable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.